Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

freezzer83

If you are not having issue, then no you should be fine to keep using that version. There are a lot of dependency issues with version 2.0.4 that were causing OBS to crash on startup for many people, which is why I put together this version. If you did not hit one of those issues, you should be fine.
any answer for my problem?

freezzer83

If you are not having issue, then no you should be fine to keep using that version. There are a lot of dependency issues with version 2.0.4 that were causing OBS to crash on startup for many people, which is why I put together this version. If you did not hit one of those issues, you should be fine.
any answer for my question?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
any answer for my question?

I don't know, I don't have enough information. Did you verify that you are on OBS v25.0.8 and that you installed to the same directory that OBS is installed to? Going on the screenshot of the error, it looks like some kind of third party security tool or antivirus might be blocking the files from being copied, or deleting them. Are you on Windows 7 64bit, with all the latest updates?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Hi Fenir. I did the Microsoft C++ install and still no VirtualCAM in the Tools pull down. I'm a new user and did my first install of OBS yesterday. I'm on Win 10 64 bit. Thanks for working to resolve this. Please let me know if you want a log. David
Please provide a log yes.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I don't see the plugin trying to load in any of those log files, which means you probably installed to the incorrect directory. Double check the OBS directory is correct during the installer. If that does not work, stop by the Discord (link in my signature below) and feel free to ping me in the #plugins-and-tools channel.

freezzer83

I don't know, I don't have enough information. Did you verify that you are on OBS v25.0.8 and that you installed to the same directory that OBS is installed to? Going on the screenshot of the error, it looks like some kind of third party security tool or antivirus might be blocking the files from being copied, or deleting them. Are you on Windows 7 64bit, with all the latest updates?
windows 7 professional service pack 1..all correct
just error

Fenrir

Forum Admin
windows 7 professional service pack 1..all correct
just error
It seems like a permissions issue, like OBS is open or something. Very hard to say, as it doesn't seem like an issue with the installer but something on your system. Reboot your PC and run the installer before you do anything else.

freezzer83

I don't see the plugin trying to load in any of those log files, which means you probably installed to the incorrect directory. Double check the OBS directory is correct during the installer. If that does not work, stop by the Discord (link in my signature below) and feel free to ping me in the #plugins-and-tools channel.

Attachments

• Crash 2020-05-05 19-06-32.txt
    90.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2020-05-05 23-38-59.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 38

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Looks like that is a bug in the plugin itself. I would need a dump file when the crash dialog is open, or exact reproduction steps to be able to investigate further. The crash log itself does not contain enough information.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
That solved it. The VirtualCAM installer is not looking for and finding the plugins directory. When I moved the installer into the obs-studio folder, it installed properly. DC
Out of curiosity, are you installed to the default location? It should be reading OBS' registry key for installation path. What was the path it was trying to install to instead? I can try and correct it in a future version if I can figure out what happened.

freezzer83

ok installation but crash when try to flip horizzontally
Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2020-05-06, 10:46:51
Fault address: 7FEEAD6CAA7 (c:\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll)
libobs version: 25.0.8 (64-bit)
Windows version: 6.1 build 7601 (revision: 24545; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz

Attachments

• Nuovo documento di testo.txt
    91.8 KB · Views: 36

scottchamings

Unfortunately 2.0.5 it is getting flagged by both Chromium Edge as unsafe and also virustotal is flagging detections on the downloaded file

2.0.4 is also reporting detections

Thats a concern and I will not be installing it at this stage, I will unpack manually and see if the package contents check out when I do so as it may be the installer format

scottchamings

Okay so I have unpacked the 2.0.5 installer and the file that is triggering the detections for malware is uninstall_obs-virtualcam.exe

as per https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...23995f67bbd2ae03cfeac78d15001b3bda1/detection

Unfortunately 2.0.5 it is getting flagged by both Chromium Edge as unsafe and also virustotal is flagging detections on the downloaded file

2.0.4 is also reporting detections

Thats a concern and I will not be installing it at this stage, I will unpack manually and see if the package contents check out when I do so as it may be the installer format

SteveWeidner

Installed today and my output via the Tools menu item seems to work perfectly. Could you, in the description, maybe add a little more info on the difference between using the Source Filter and using the Tools menu? Are they two different things, are both needed together, or... ?