Question / Help OBS Studio takes ages to load

dee_ehn

OBS Studio (both 64 and 32 bit variants) takes ages to load and leaves a massive svchost.exe footprint (roughly 1.5GB of RAM and 15% CPU usage, idling,) when closed. The svchost file seems linked to themes, judging by its associated services. Just did a GPU driver cleanup via DUD and that fixed nothing. Normal OBS works fine. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2016-04-26 11-17-27.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

dee_ehn

Cleaned the scene list out completely, still taking 5~10 minutes to come up. obs64.exe loads into processes just fine, and then seemingly sits there for a long time, until it finally pops up as an application. When I close the software, it leaves that footprint. I have to kill the svchost and hope the PC doesn't bug out when I go to the control panel and select a theme to restore it. It usually does bug out.

Edit: I have absolutely no idea what's happening at this point. At one point, I got it loading properly with no issue. I rebooted and tried to recreate the situation, and now it's just not loading at all again. It's been doing this to me for months, regardless of version. I click on the exe, nothing happens. I look in task manager, it's sitting there in processes. Sometimes it'll come up relatively quick. Sometimes it takes 15 minutes. Other times, it seems to do nothing at all, ever.

Edit 2: With a bit more testing, it seems that if I have any scenes loaded, it mucks up that svchost. I still have no idea why loading times are so insanely long though. At this point though, I flat out can't reliably use OBS Studio. I'm only really annoyed because OBS is going to be deprecated eventually, and is already not being updated anymore.

Last edited: