OBS Studio OBS-Studio: Send an UDP Stream to a second PC using OBS [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkv

Developer
I usually use ?pkt_size=1316&send_buffer_size=100000000 for udp with ffmpeg. Works fine from obs too; tcp can also be used if you have a tcp ingest point (can be ffmpeg)

sailor25462

This is a great guide and we are using it successfully within the same LAN.

Now, could someone give me some advice about the best settings for adding an external source via WAN?

Unfortunately, we get only artifacts from external streams, although the line capacity should be more than comfortable (glass fibre 100/20 MBit/s within the same provider network, native ipv6)

Technically it seems to work with port forwarding, etc.. But the quality is just crap. Streaming from the external PC to twitch via OBS works with full hd and min. 2500 kbps. Means, the PC is capable to give a perfect stream, too.

I have no clue what may cause this trouble. Any ideas were to start?

Diego Aguirre

I'm very interested in getting this to work, I filled out my settings as the screenshot in the guide, do I have to add explicit muxer/video/audio encoding settings or anything else? When I try to record I get "An unspecified error occurred while recording."

I figured multicasting might be disabled on my router, an Asus AC66U, so I enabled Multicast forwarding IGMP Snooping on both LAN and Wireless and also Multicast routing IGMP Proxy, basically anything that mentioned multicast but OBS still throws the same undefined error.

Config your wireless to limit broadcast/multicast packets and fix multcast rate... NDI has the same problem
https://imgur.com/q3uUHVJ

FlexPass

Just starting with OBS and came across this thread.

Jack0r, This might be far fetched but could I use this setup to forward a video stream over the cloud to another PC receiving that stream as a source?
(I am recording multiplayer live events and ideally would require multiple cameras handled by other players on the internet.) This would allow me to use one PC for streaming using different "live" sources from other players, swapping camera angles, etc...

Thanks in advance for your reply

Flex

Boildown

Transport streams are pretty bad at keeping this kind of thing synced. So your problem would be that one camera angle would get ahead in time of another camera angle. RTMP is much better at being real time (it still has significant delay though). I wouldn't use this for that use case unless being synced isn't a requirement.

My Star Citizen guild does a monthly meetup in-game, and they have a private RTMP server that anyone who wants who's in the meetup can send their stream to, and then they swap between the streams when creating the public stream to Twitch and add commentary on the action. It works pretty well.

FlexPass

Thanks for the reply. In my case we can't defer the stream. This is an international live event of virtual aerobatic teams (VUAF and VFAT).
Last event was in November and 31 teams performed over two days. Each team is given a time slot and the show organizers run the RTMP (Twitch).
I have been ok with one camera but it would be nice... Delay is not much of a problem (at least up to a point).

The way you do it, can you use the multiple RTPM streams as individual sources in one computer running OBS? and if so, can you do it over the cloud?

Boildown

I'm not really sure how they set it up. I know they could pick and choose from the various incoming RTMP feeds the players were giving them, and then whatever they picked was going to OBS (I assume) where they added in their own webcams via Skype and they commented on the action. I'm not sure how they were picking between the RTMP feeds, and I'm not sure how their remote commentators all saw the same feed.

Not sure what you mean by "cloud". Cloud is more of a marketing term than a technical term. If you mean "internet" then obviously yes it goes over the internet. If you mean a private VPN of some kind, then as long as you have IP addresses to send to, it'll work too.

Can i use this to open the stream in a player in MY OWN PC? Like, record a gameplay while streaming it directly to my player on the same pc im playing locally. Is that possible? Thats a huge deal to me i appreciate any response

Boildown

Yes. In fact there's a good reason to do this: to test that your multicast stream is at least being created when you can't find it on a network device. If you can load it on the device creating it, that rules out some of the possible causes of problems.

Nosfaratou

Hi for:
  • Container Format -> Depends on the protocol, for udp it would be mpegts.
I dont have that mpegts in scroll menu. Any solution?

gdlr

I get 500-1000 ms latency with those settings. Is there any way to decrease it below 100 ms ?

I use ffplay to output the stream:
ffplay -fflags nobuffer udp://@127.0.0.1:9999

Vidanio

I'm using an Amino A-140 as the UDP receiver side and I get more than 2 seconds of delay. Is it an issue on the OBS side or the player's side ?. I also have smear in video when using a local wifi link. How can I get rid of it ?

gdlr

I'm using an Amino A-140 as the UDP receiver side and I get more than 2 seconds of delay. Is it an issue on the OBS side or the player's side ?. I also have smear in video when using a local wifi link. How can I get rid of it ?

How can you figure out if the broadcaster or the receiver is causing the delay ? Any ideas ?

jherring002

Anyone having issues with Audio de-sync using this method? I seem to be getting a gradual de-sync with this and don't know how to fix or how to identify the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.