Question / Help OBS Studio not Compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro?!?!

MrBayeasy

I have had this problem for months where the locally recorded file won't be compatible with Premiere Pro, it shows the first frame as a solid Green color almost as if its a green screen or something. Then it just isn't editable, it plays back in incremental frames almost like its lagging incredibly hard while the audio plays back in the background fine. I recorded the file at 15Mbps 1080p 60fps, the same settings I used to use in Classic OBS. The only reason I feel compelled to switch to OBS Studio is because the classic version has an ungodly micro stutter that happens every once in a while which I just can't stand, that by the way is another problem that has plagued me for nearly a year now, it literally drives me crazy. However, for some reason the recordings that come from the OBS Classic are completely fine inside Premiere Pro. If I want to edit my OBS Studio footage I need to use Sony Vegas Pro because for some reason it plays back just fine in that program, I just really find it inconvenient that I need to change up my workflow because something seems slightly different in the Studio version of OBS. My Hardware is as follows:

- i7 4790k
- GTX 780
- Asus Maximus Hero 7
- Programs installed on SSD
- Files recorded to a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM internal HDD

The OBS Studio version seems to record everything just fine, no Micro-stuttering or anything, its perfect! Except for the fact that I can't edit the darn video in Premiere... I will attach my OBS Studio Log as well as another recording log that I did very recently in OBS Classic that had the stuttering problem. Maybe someone has a solution as to why OBS Studio and Premiere are having this clash, maybe its a setting I have enabled in OBS Studio. If someone could provide a solution to the Micro-stuttering that happens in OBS Classic then I guess I could retreat back to that program since I can at least edit that footage, if it wasn't for the Micro-stuttering I wouldn't feel compelled to switch for the most part. I just really like the newer and more polished Studio version so I wanted to switch but until this problem is resolved its just too inconvenient for me to use. The first Log that is around 4PM is the Studio Log, the second that is around 1AM is from OBS Classic and is from this morning. I'd greatly appreciate any support on this matter, and hopefully I'm not coming off as too harsh, I'm just at my wits end because I know my hardware can support everything I'm trying to do. I just want my videos to be either buttery smooth like they are supposed to be or at the very least editable. Thanks for your consideration =)

Attachments

• 2016-02-24 15-55-52.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 2016-02-24-0108-46.log
    8 KB · Views: 37

dping

I have had this problem for months where the locally recorded file won't be compatible with Premiere Pro, it shows the first frame as a solid Green color almost as if its a green screen or something. Then it just isn't editable, it plays back in incremental frames almost like its lagging incredibly hard while the audio plays back in the background fine. I recorded the file at 15Mbps 1080p 60fps, the same settings I used to use in Classic OBS. The only reason I feel compelled to switch to OBS Studio is because the classic version has an ungodly micro stutter that happens every once in a while which I just can't stand, that by the way is another problem that has plagued me for nearly a year now, it literally drives me crazy. However, for some reason the recordings that come from the OBS Classic are completely fine inside Premiere Pro. If I want to edit my OBS Studio footage I need to use Sony Vegas Pro because for some reason it plays back just fine in that program, I just really find it inconvenient that I need to change up my workflow because something seems slightly different in the Studio version of OBS. My Hardware is as follows:

- i7 4790k
- GTX 780
- Asus Maximus Hero 7
- Programs installed on SSD
- Files recorded to a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM internal HDD

The OBS Studio version seems to record everything just fine, no Micro-stuttering or anything, its perfect! Except for the fact that I can't edit the darn video in Premiere... I will attach my OBS Studio Log as well as another recording log that I did very recently in OBS Classic that had the stuttering problem. Maybe someone has a solution as to why OBS Studio and Premiere are having this clash, maybe its a setting I have enabled in OBS Studio. If someone could provide a solution to the Micro-stuttering that happens in OBS Classic then I guess I could retreat back to that program since I can at least edit that footage, if it wasn't for the Micro-stuttering I wouldn't feel compelled to switch for the most part. I just really like the newer and more polished Studio version so I wanted to switch but until this problem is resolved its just too inconvenient for me to use. The first Log that is around 4PM is the Studio Log, the second that is around 1AM is from OBS Classic and is from this morning. I'd greatly appreciate any support on this matter, and hopefully I'm not coming off as too harsh, I'm just at my wits end because I know my hardware can support everything I'm trying to do. I just want my videos to be either buttery smooth like they are supposed to be or at the very least editable. Thanks for your consideration =)
Elgatos are not for single PC setups. remove the elgato capture and add a game capture then point it to adobe premiere OR use a monitor capture. one of the two should work.

a video capture device is for 2 PC setups or capturing consoles.

1080@60 is pretty high quality, you dont need a preset over superfast so change to that. then change custom buffer size to 0, then uncheck CBR.

MrBayeasy

Elgatos are not for single PC setups. remove the elgato capture and add a game capture then point it to adobe premiere OR use a monitor capture. one of the two should work.

a video capture device is for 2 PC setups or capturing consoles.

1080@60 is pretty high quality, you dont need a preset over superfast so change to that. then change custom buffer size to 0, then uncheck CBR.
I am recording Console games, both of those logs are recording Black Ops 3 on the Xbox One. Whenever I record PC stuff I use Monitor/Game/Window Capture. I don't have any problem with the 1080p 60fps, remember I'm recording locally not streaming, the OBS Classic has no problem doing this without any problem aside from the Micro-stutter. Also the OBS Studio works great aside from being un-editable in Premiere. I will try to change to those other settings and see if that helps with the edit-ability of the file, I will also try and change those settings on the Classic OBS if that is what you were referring to and see if that helps with the Micro-stuttering. Thanks for the help thus far!

MrBayeasy

Ok so I tried that suggestion on both OBS Studio and Classic and it didn't help either of their respective problems. Those changes didn't improve the compatibility between Premiere Pro and OBS Studio, and it didn't even remotely stop the Micro-Stuttering in OBS Classic =(

If there are any other potential problems or solutions that could be provided by checking the log or just if someone else has had this same problem it would be greatly appreciated =)

If the recording from OBS Studio plays in VLC then I can only think that this is an issue with Premiere which actually surprises me as we don't see many people complaining about compatibility. Sony Vegas on the other hand has lots of compatibility problems so it's interesting that you see the opposite. OBS uses pretty standard codecs and containers for video and audio and so should be editable in all software that supports those standards.

Couple of questions for you.

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using
Make and model of your Elgato. - the reason I ask this is that the names in the logs can be misleading :-)

Last thought could you make a very small .mp4 file that exhibits the problem available somewhere for other people to experiment with? The site here has a file limit but linking the raw file might help. I don't have Premiere Pro myself but I know a lot of people on the forum do and they would be able to test and confirm if this is a general problem or something specific to your setup.

MrBayeasy

So the the Elgato that I am using is the Elgato HD 60 Pro, however, I also used to use the HD60 and it had the same problem then too. The version of Premiere Pro I am using is Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.0 Version 8.0.1.21

I was reluctant to move up to Premiere Pro CC 2015 because I heard of instability issues and problems, I haven't looked recently if those complaints have been resolved or not though. I can make a small file for the stuttering that happens in classic OBS but the problem that happens in Studio is that it just isn't editable in Premiere, everything else works beautifully but I will submit a log for both just in case.

Why I was asking about a sample file is this. Nearly no one complains about compatibility between OBS and Premiere, I think you are the first person I have ever seen note a problem with editing files in that application. If we can get a sample file we can ask someone else to see if they can edit it in Premiere Pro. If they can edit it no problem then we know it's something to do with your Premiere config, if they can't well that's then a different issue however I doubt it's codec based.

Could you also post a screen shot of your Settings, Output, Recording tab (or just Output if you have it in Simple mode) as I can't get my recording settings to match up based on your log files.

P.S. Please don't bump your posts it's a bit rude, everyone here is voluntarily helping and we get around to it when we can :-)

MrBayeasy

I do apologize for bumping I have posted here before and have gotten extremely limited help so considering my frustration I just wanted to make sure I got the help I needed with this problem. I'll be sure to try and give you all the information that you requested, I really appreciate your help thus far =)

c0nsecro

Got the same Problem here, since OBS Studio was updated to Version 12.x. I'm recording with NVIDIA NVENC (50 Mbit/s, 1080p, 60FPS), didn't change any settings and got randomized artefacts on the beginning of a recorded file if I want to edit it in Adobe Premiere CC 2015 (like MrBayeasy described above). AND the audio line still went out of synch, if I'm recording longer than 1h without a break ... in the last patchnotes the problem was called as "solved".

JHow

I've been searching endlessly in Premiere forums, however no answer turned up. I noticed here in the OBS forums that this is an issue for others. I can't for the life of me figure out how to deal with this. It's impossible to edit files that are this choppy, even on 15 second clips for testing. Was anyone able to find a solution for this?

chrisb070819

Im also experiencing an issue with the recordings made by OBS Studio that I had not had in OBS Classic. I will get an error that says "Error Compiling Movie Unknown Error" If I select to not export the video it works just fine. So there seems to be some kind of possible encoding fuss that Premiere doesn't like?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 6.10.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 6.10.01 AM.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 6.11.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 6.11.17 AM.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 109

HerrGrim

I'm just wondering if anybody have found a solution for this problem.

I've tried a range of settings in OBS Studio, and the video looks just fine in VLC. The moment is put into Premiere though, it gets laggy, and the video is either completely corrupt or the colors are very dark and wrong.

chrisb070819

I'm just wondering if anybody have found a solution for this problem.

I've tried a range of settings in OBS Studio, and the video looks just fine in VLC. The moment is put into Premiere though, it gets laggy, and the video is either completely corrupt or the colors are very dark and wrong.

HerrGrim if anything I had found a workaround by just having media encoder convert it to a whole new codec and then import into premiere. I know that doesn't resolve the issue but makes it so that any recordings can be worked with. As for long term I have returned to OBS Classic until the issue is resolved. (Unfortunately)

Best of luck.

Simes

What's the keyframe interval set to? I don't know what "250" in the logs corresponds to in the interface, but try setting it to 1 second for recordings.

nicobelll

Guys I Fixed It What You need to do is to go to settings and then output and then you can see mkv click on it and click mp4 and guys you aree done let me now if its working for you the file is not good for adobe premiere beacuse the file type is mkv and now if you done my fixing then it will work!!!!!