Question / Help OBS studio keep's crashing!

Kekevriun

Well I have this problem with OBS studio that I don't understand, I've been changing everything from settings (bitrate, fps, CPU presset to superfast, etc.) and it's running ok until it's going down with frame drops on live stream or getting my pc DOWN for sure with a blue screen (out of memory) which again I don't get it and have to restart the whole streaming process over and over again. I forgot to mention that I have OBS Classic as well and with this one everything is cool until it will eventually freeze my PC forever and have to force restart the system. I've been checking everything, TEMP. was at 70-73, memory ram consumption OK, CPU usage OK, but I will post bellow my PC components.

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970 Gaming G1
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Ram: 16GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1070
HDD: 2TB
SSD: 200GB
Cooler: Noctua ( don't know exact product but it's an expensive one )
Windows 10 64bit latest updates.
Video drivers: latest updates.

In the crash files, I'm still getting this error addressed to bin\64bit\libx264-148.dll and I don't know how to cure it. Keep on mind that I've been reinstalling both OBS programs without any luck..

Here is a log file from OBS Studio wich is the same for the OBS Classic so no need to upload same crash reports.

EDIT: here is a good example of what could happen https://mixer.com/lebomb?vod=3438406 (recorded 30fps) after the stream is over my pc is over too and had to force reset it from button.

Stream settings:
Bitrate 4000 ( I had it 6000 by default whatever bitrate I put it will still crash so don't bother to tell me to low it down, I have a good internet too 84.90Mbps Download | 77.19Mbps Upload )
CPU presset: Superfast ( tried every higher presset, video quality was low but still crashing )
Profile: Main as default
FPS: tried 30-35-40-45-60 ( still crashing )
Downscale filter: 16 samples bicubic
Output resolution: 1280x720

Attachments

• Crash 2017-06-16 11-24-06.txt
    137.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
x264 crashes generally indicate hardware issues. Turn off any overclocks and run a thorough memory test.

Kekevriun

R1CH no memory problems! I still don't get it.

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 50