OBS Studio OBS-Studio: High quality recording and multiple Audio Tracks [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Jack0r submitted a new resource:

OBS-MP: High quality recording and multiple Audio Tracks - Setup OBS-MP for recording at a high quality and with multiple Audio Tracks for later editing

In OBS-Multiplatform you can very easily configure everything for some High Quality recordings. We simply need to go into our Output settings. If you dont plan on streaming and do not want to record multiple audio tracks you can keep to the Simple Output Mode as shown below:

The simple...

Read more about this resource...

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
@amsyar ZeRo It depends on how you configure x264. Obviously using the superfast or ultrafast preset will use less CPU than veryfast. The settings are the same as what's outlined in the local recording guide for OBS1, though it was posted before the recording presets were implemented which streamline the process. If you want full control over everything then the guide has you covered.

amsyar ZeRo

@Sapiens Well,this guide just helped me.I followed the high quality guide and used ultrafast,the CPU now stays at 15% for a medium motion game like Geometry Dash.

dehixem

Hey guys,
I've been struggling for now months and still have not yet been able to make Multiple audio tracks work w/ OBS MP.
I feel I understand everything explained in this guide, yet it NEVER has worked, and I've done a lot of testing.

Here are my current settings : http://imgur.com/a/k6eq8

Could this have to do w/ something else than OBS ? Maybe my OS or codecs not installed ? I really don't know at this point :/

(Win7, 64bit)

Any help is very welcome !

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
@dehixem Streams can only use one audio track. Recording allows the selection of multiple tracks. That's why you have radio buttons under the streaming tab and check boxes under the recording tab.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@dehixem Streams can only use one audio track. Recording allows the selection of multiple tracks. That's why you have radio buttons under the streaming tab and check boxes under the recording tab.

Incidentally, I have radio buttons when I look at Settings > Output > Recording in OBS Studio 0.13.2 (64bit, windows), so I can only select a single audio track for the recorded output. Did something change?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@RytoEX You changed the recording type from standard to custom output/ffmpeg.

Ah! Indeed, you are correct! I don't even remember when I changed that. Thanks!

Is there any notable difference in the two options? I looked around a bit, but I've failed to find anything mentioning differences between the two.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The custom output, as the name implies, allows you to use pretty much any codec ffmpeg has to offer for the recorded file. You can even output over udp to a pc on your network, as far as I remember. In general its mostly interesting if you need a special file format for your editing software or want to select a special codec.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The custom output, as the name implies, allows you to use pretty much any codec ffmpeg has to offer for the recorded file. You can even output over udp to a pc on your network, as far as I remember. In general its mostly interesting if you need a special file format for your editing software or want to select a special codec.

Ah, okay then. Thanks for the info!

thender

Is it possible to record multiple audio tracks with custom output? When I choose custom output I seem to lose the ability to record multiple audio tracks.

Thank you!

Cloud557

I'd like to know how the guide writer has a "Background" option at the bottom of their enabled audio set, because I don't have that.

Bruncky

Hey, guys!

I have tried following the guide and the recording itself works. The problem is that the output video file is very jaggy! I am on an iMac 5K running Windows 10 over BootCamp, recording with OBS Studio. Does the fact I'm on a Mac running Windows have anything to do with it? Or that the canvas res is 5K? Also, should I be downscaling for the output or should I just leave it?

Thank you!

tirrorex

Thanks for the guide, helped me a lot configured obs for proper recording :)
Could you guys give me a little bit of advice on what to do in order to prepare the video for youtube?
I used high quality so i have a 37go video for 45 minutes of recording, i'm not sure i'm allowed to upload a file of this size, any tips?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
According to this post by Jim, you should try to pick a Quick Sync Rate Control option in this order of preference (earlier in the list is better):
  1. LA_ICQ
  2. ICQ
  3. CQP
That's the most authoritative answer on which Rate Control option to pick, when available. Could this guide be updated to make a brief mention of that order of preference?

Additionally, this resource by koala give the following list:
  1. LA ICQ
  2. ICQ
  3. CQP
  4. LA (VBR)
  5. AVBR
  6. VBR
  7. CBR
The first three items match Jim's list. I'm not sure if the items after that are present in the current OBS Studio Quick Sync implementation, since I don't yet have it enabled. If they are, do you think it makes sense to add them to this guide as lower preference choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.