Question / Help OBS Studio and Logitech Web Cam

Defenderof

Hello everyone! When opening "configure video" in the OBS Studio,
it's like a basic obs settings (first screenshot), instead a logitech webcam settings (like on the second screenshot)
Have a latest logitech's driver. Webcam c920.

Attachments

• OBS Studio_3.jpg
    OBS Studio_3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 354
  • Advanced Settings.jpg
    Advanced Settings.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Fehre

If you have the latest C920 drivers that basic setting should not show up. I have the same Cam and whenever i have the basic window it's because i haven't installed the latest C920 drivers. Positive you have the latest drivers?

From logitechs download page:
Version: 2.80.853.0a
Uploaded: 26-OCT-2012

Edit: On the first picture, it says C922, so i'm confused. What camera do you have?

If using C922 i guess you either need the Logitech gaming software or Logitech Camera Settings.

Last edited:

Defenderof

If you have the latest C920 drivers that basic setting should not show up. I have the same Cam and whenever i have the basic window it's because i haven't installed the latest C920 drivers. Positive you have the latest drivers?

From logitechs download page:

Edit: On the first picture, it says C922, so i'm confused. What camera do you have?

If using C922 i guess you either need the Logitech gaming software or Logitech Camera Settings.

Yes, installing this driver solved the problem.

Thank you very much!

P.S. Screenshot with c922 was just sample, from google.

fl1zz0

This solution also worked for me.
My problem was that the c920 would show up in OBS only under default settings, which looked like SD video.
I had installed the latest Logitech Gaming Software which recognized and seemed to control both my c920 and my 922. The 922 was working fine but not the 920.
When I looked at the driver details in the Device Manager in Windows 10, I found both the 920 and 922 uncer Cameras, but the 920 had a driver dated from 2006.
When I selected the automatic driver update, it said I had the newest one.
After finding this thread, I went back to the Logitech Support site and finally found the correct driver.
http://support.logitech.com/en_sg/downloads
Go all the way down to "Logitech Webcam Software" and make sure the version numbers are as above.
Finally I can access the 920 in OBS and change the settings to HD without it freezing/disappearing.
Strangely, after the installation of the new driver, the 920 no longer appears under Cameras in the Device Manager, but instead it's under Imaging Devices.
Weird.