Question / Help (solved) OBS streaming issue with new Facebook API

axirtek

Hello all :-)

I've a little issue that i'm trying to solve, but i didn't find anything :(
I've a musician Facebook page, unverified page. BUT i've now access to Facebook API page (from publishing tools) and can create now live event : i've access to the Facebook RTMP url with the associated key.

I've entered them in OBS settings, set keyframe every 2 second.
I start streaming, and OBS seems been connected successfully to RTMP facebook URL server, but nothing happened in Facebook windows, i'm always at "OFFLINE" status even after 4/5 minutes....

Just for information i've currently an uplink rate to 0,70Mbps.

Did you have any idea what could be cause this issue ?
Thanks in advance for your help :)

Arthur

Boildown

I thought I read that you had to have a verified page to stream to Facebook. Can you link the directions that Facebook gave out?

axirtek

When you say "directions" do you want screenshoot of the preview ?

Facebook gave me this RTMP link : rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/ with associated key... :)
I've also read this fact, but i've seen not verified pages that can stream from facebook in live...
I've attached screenshoot if what i have in preview page

That is strange is i've tried to stream anything from OBS to my youtube account, and it works fine.. :)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-05-05 à 19.26.55.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-05-05 à 19.26.55.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 506

Boildown

Yeah that's what I was looking for. Don't see anything wrong, maybe its your low bitrate. Can you post the OBS log file from your attempts?

axirtek

Yeah this is absolutely strange ! I'm asking also me if there could be my low uplink bitrate the main root cause ... ?
I've attached last log (where connection from OBS to Facebook API was realized successfully but with this preview issue..)

Attachments

• 2016-05-05 19-26-06.txt
    17 KB · Views: 195

axirtek

Yes that's it sorry, thanks for have move this issue to the right forum :)

Last edited:

axirtek

I've just also tried with better uplink rate (30Mbps) with another box, have the same problem, no preview from Facebook (offline) but OBS seems to send correctly RTMP messages to facebook URL... (bitrate seen at 1300kbps on OBS once stream is connected to this url...)

axirtek

Hello all,

I've sent yesterday to facebook new request with my issues in comments.
It seems today it's now OK, preview is OK and OBS seems streaming correctly ! (i didn't change anything in the parameters !)

Thanks a lot for your help ! :)

vichea

Dear Team,

Please help me to solve, i use obs live to facebook but the video that i live is very bad( mean the video is stuck) my laptop is Asus x53z

Processor: AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00GB (3.48GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch input is available for this Display