Question / Help OBS Quality looks low compared to game

AirFusion

I'm having trouble with the quality of OBS when recording minecraft. it looks fine on the game, but it looks bad on OBS.

Here are my settings:

Recording Format:mp4
Encoder: QuickSync H.264
Output: 1680x1040
target usage :quality
profile: main
Keyframe Interval: 3
Async Depth: 4
Rate control: CBR
Bitrate: 500000

Thanks for your help!

C-Dude

your should really post a log so I can see all the settings (it needs a recording in it make sure to record for a few minutes then stop then upload current log)

Keep in mind that the quality will never be as good as in game.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please post a link to a clean log file. To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

ChocoQ

CQP is the issue

Change it to atleast 17 for your graphics/cpu.

Lower=higher quality, but even on my GTX 1060, i7 7700k I have to use it at 16.
15 works most of the time but will drop frames at the beginning.

alternatively, you can record instead of CQP, CBR, and set it to atleast 30,000 KB/S. (Nvidia Share uses 50k kb/s)

AirFusion

Still looks bad. the pixels on OBS look kinda fuzzy. I googled it and it said you cant fix it. I watch a youtuber that records with OBS and asked him what his settings were. I had put those settings in and it looked the same... idk what to do, I am new at OBS

ChocoQ

Here, I'll post a screen with my OBS settings. Your CPU isn't as good as mine, so you'll have to tweak some settings.

Attachments

• obs.jpg
    obs.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 382
  • obs1.jpg
    obs1.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 356
  • obs3.jpg
    obs3.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 295