Question / Help OBS NOT LOADING

every time I open OBS it comes up with this. I have deleted and re-installed but still no fix.

can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 19.32.15.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 19.32.15.png
    343 KB · Views: 70
    343 KB · Views: 51
    343 KB · Views: 52

Fenrir

Forum Admin
If I remember right, there were some changes in Sierra that cause this to happen, but it's unclear right now what those are. Can you provide a log file? Just in case anything jumps out there.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Go to ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/logs and copy the contents of the desired log file to https://gist.github.com/. Copy the url and paste it here.

Try that instead if the application is unresponsive.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Yeah, nothing in the log jumps out. Let me see if I can dig up any more info. Macs aren't my strongest area of expertise.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Try resizing the window, and see if that makes it start displaying correctly. This is a bug, yes, but hopefully that will get you working in the meantime.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
We have not been able to replicate this specific issue on OSX. As far as I know, the window can show up like this, but if it's locking up and becoming unresponsive, the issue lies elsewhere. I don't have OSX myself to test, and the folks who have OSX haven't been able to replicate.

Tycer

I have the same Identical problem. I am on El Capitan (10.11.6) and not Sierra. No amount of deleting and re-installing (I made sure to delete the obs_studio app support file as well) will fix the problem. It consistently loads with the weird looking screen and is completely un-responsive. The program crashes completely if the preferences are visited. This pretty much killed my being able to use OBS. I know it's a free program but I would sure love to continue using it. Thanks!

Tycer

Ok so I did an experiment yesterday. I went ahead and backed up my computer and upgraded to Sierra (10.12) and after a fresh instal of OBS it seems to be working properly at this point. Now my version on El Capitan worked fine for a while then experienced the permacrash after a few hours, so we will see how long this instal works. I will update if this version experiences the same problem (somehow I doubt it will, I'm sure it was a OSX version issue). Thanks again

c3r1c3

Whenever that wrong display issue happens, I just resize the preview window (not the entire program) and it clears it up.