Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

C5martin

I'm also having issues with crackling audio after updating NDI and OBS.
I have updated to OBS 28.1.2 and installed the NDI plugin 4.5.1.0 on my Laptop and Desktop both windows 11 i7 PC's.
Also experiencing sound distortion and breakup video is OK.
I am linking Laptop to Desktop.
Don't think I have missed any settings.

Trixz2007

On the gaming pc latest OBS 28 and plugin works fine as intended. However on Streaming PC I had to go back oBS 27 as video is fine audio tends to crackle and just messed up in so many ways. It seems there a issue on the receiving end on the latest NDI plugin does not retrieve the signal correctly for some readson.

EinfachSmon

On the gaming pc latest OBS 28 and plugin works fine as intended. However on Streaming PC I had to go back oBS 27 as video is fine audio tends to crackle and just messed up in so many ways. It seems there a issue on the receiving end on the latest NDI plugin does not retrieve the signal correctly for some readson.
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. But I found a Youtube video where another developer developed the plugin before Palakis released his updated version.
With this version of the plugin there are no audio problems such as crackling etc.. It has been tested for video etc and found to be safe.

SigAddict

I think it's great that people have come up with work arounds for this plugin to fix audio, but they are exactly that, workarounds. Most people don't want to download a fix off a random google drive or use VBAN on voicemeeter to fix audio. Hopefully this gets sorted in a more official way soon.

LiveGi

View attachment 88697
Here is a screen shot. As I said, matter how many how many times I download and install it, and restart the Mac, it keeps popping up and NDI no longer works on Mac M1.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-04 um 12.47.36.png

I constantly get the same error with my M1 Mac and can't even start OBS anymore...

I reinstalled OBS 28.1.2, then installed the NDI integration obs-ndi-4.10.0-Qt6-macOS, then the runtime ndi-runtime-4.5.1-macOS and rebooted. Error keeps popping up.

Help would be much appreciated :)

ThommiTechnik

Dear all,

as a lot of us, I also struggled with NDI on my M1 Mac. Today I got it working, and I wanted to share my solution with you:

- Go into /Programs, and choose "Show Contents" from NDI Video Monitor. Go into "Contents > Frameworks" and copy the "libndi_advanced.dynlib"
- Chang into "usr/local/lib", and paste this file
- rename the "libndi4.dynlib" (like e.g. "old_libndi4.dynlib")
- rename "libndi_advanced.dynlib" to "libndi4.dynlib"
- start OBS, and you'll see the NDI Sources again

Cheers, Thomas

eadnams

Dear all,

as a lot of us, I also struggled with NDI on my M1 Mac. Today I got it working, and I wanted to share my solution with you:

- Go into /Programs, and choose "Show Contents" from NDI Video Monitor. Go into "Contents > Frameworks" and copy the "libndi_advanced.dynlib"

Cheers, Thomas
I believe its .dylib not .dynlib

Also libndi.4.dylib, not libndi4.dynlib

Slykilla

In case anyone is having a static issue i have found a permanent workaround for it in my thread

fhld

Dear all,

Cheers, Thomas
Crazy. Weeks of needless patience. Thank you!. NDI showing up. M1/Ventura/OBS28/

Pence_PC

So if I read through the past few pages, people have got NDI 5+ to work in OBS 28? Just wanting confirmation to be sure before attempting to possibly screw up my setup messing with it.

Acey05

So quick question for someone who might be smarter than me or knows a way.

Is NDI always taking the full Video Ouput Sizes and cannot be changed at all, or is there a way to bypass it and force it use the Stream size instead?

Here's what I mean: 1080p Canvas = Record 1080p + Rescale 720p for NDI to Stream Machine.

Instead it's like: 1080p Canvas = Record 1080p + 1080p for NDI to Stream Machine = Stream Machine has to Rescale 720p

I mean I get it, since you need a capture source and that's how NDI works, but it seems really stupid for NDI to force me use 1080p and waste precious computing power on both machines at the same time AND to force a 720p downscale on my stream machine. This is like 2 layers of wasted encoding power for no reason? Especially if on a budget?

Yet because I'm forced to go 720p, I cannot record at 1080p on either machine unless, as said, NDI at 1080p from the main machine, wasting precious encoding power (hell, sometimes even up to 1 encoding step, like from Fast to Medium) to rescale down again on the second machine.

This is not to mention, NDI Preview is the same as NDI main, but just removes the audio, yet NDI Main doesn't capture any Audio output unless they're set to 1 (not a big deal, but for multi-track audio recording it's a pretty dumb limitation? I mean even VLC knows how read multi-audio correctly, yet anything out of 1 track NDI cannot read properly and can contribute to more crackling issues)?

I know some people will recommend Source Record Plugin most likely to bypass certain issues, but considering every other day someone will post a comment on how Source Record is bugged, I don't know if it's reliable.

wolvherin78

Hi, I installed the NDI plugin for Obs Studio 28 on a macbook air m2, after starting NDI streaming on Teams, on Obs Studio in NDI source I don't see any Teams users in the meeting, has anyone had the same problem? The same procedure if I do it on Windows 11 it works without any problem

Icona di Verificata con community