Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

TEC_Studio

I just recently switched to OBS 28 and my NDI sources from other machines are no longer showing in the drop down list..
I do however see any sources listed as far as when I created one in my local OBS Studio..

in OBS 27 I was able to see every ndi connection in the drop down menu

Zachb36

Any updates on this? Not able to use NDI at all atm :(
I just recently switched to OBS 28 and my NDI sources from other machines are no longer showing in the drop down list..
I do however see any sources listed as far as when I created one in my local OBS Studio..

in OBS 27 I was able to see every ndi connection in the drop down menu
Pretty sure the new 28.1.2 update broke it.

TEC_Studio

Any updates on this? Not able to use NDI at all atm :(

Pretty sure the new 28.1.2 update broke it.
Instead of downgrading to OBS27, I decided to use SRT feed instead which is much higher latency but in the end, it works fine when you adjust some things.

I hope this gets resolved soon though cause NDI is smooooooth

TheDirewolf

It works if you install the NDI Tool 5.0 .. ot me it's occurred so yesterday evening
I had the same issue so I installed NDI Tool 5.0 and uninstalled the old runtime, but I cannot get OBS Studio to look at the Version 5 runtime. When I launch I get a popup saying it couldn't be found, and I have this in the logs:

01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.10.0)
01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] Trying 'C:\Program Files\NewTek\NDI 4 Runtime\v4'
01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] Can't find the NDI library
01:22:41.591: Failed to initialize module 'obs-ndi.dll'

Even tried uninstalling OBS and re-installing, deleted everything out of the Windows prefetch folder, I cannot figure out where it is storing to look there for the runtime.

Talonis

View attachment 88697
Here is a screen shot. As I said, matter how many how many times I download and install it, and restart the Mac, it keeps popping up and NDI no longer works on Mac M1.

I get the same error on Mac Apple Silicon with the NDI 4.9.10 plugin. I know the release notes say that 4.9.10 won't work with M1 / ARM64 macs on OBS 28 but does anyone have a version of the plugin that will?

Talonis

Update. OK, the advice given on the previous page of this topic worked!

Now running NDI on Mac M1 Silicon / ARM64 with OBS 28 natively.

Thank you.

TheDirewolf

I had the same issue so I installed NDI Tool 5.0 and uninstalled the old runtime, but I cannot get OBS Studio to look at the Version 5 runtime. When I launch I get a popup saying it couldn't be found, and I have this in the logs:

01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.10.0)
01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] Trying 'C:\Program Files\NewTek\NDI 4 Runtime\v4'
01:22:37.639: [obs-ndi] Can't find the NDI library
01:22:41.591: Failed to initialize module 'obs-ndi.dll'

Even tried uninstalling OBS and re-installing, deleted everything out of the Windows prefetch folder, I cannot figure out where it is storing to look there for the runtime.
I ended up creating the ..\NewTek\NDI 4 Runtime\v4 directory and copying the files from the NDI 5 runtime directory and that worked but still curious how I could get it looking to the right spot.

z0ki

Can confirm that there is big audio issues running NDI on the latest version of OBS v28. Moving slider to the LEFT resolves the crackling/static sound. I might just downgrade if there is no fix for this?

clking

Update. OK, the advice given on the previous page of this topic worked!

Now running NDI on Mac M1 Silicon / ARM64 with OBS 28 natively.

Thank you.
Could you spell out the steps you took to get this working on Apple Silicon? I've tried the resolutions listed on the previous page but have not been successful getting the NDI plugin to work with OBS 28.1.2.

Jakub72

I may have found a temporary solution for anyone with the crackling static audio issues when updating NDI for OBS 28. It seems to only affect Audio coming through the Left Channel, whereas the Right Channel remains intact.

Install the Audio Pan Filter and apply it to your NDI Source. Here are my settings that "fixed" this static audio bug.

This isn't perfect so your mileage may vary, experiment with your setup and see what happens. Hopefully NDI and OBS update soon to resolve this audio issue altogether.

daveda

Could you spell out the steps you took to get this working on Apple Silicon? I've tried the resolutions listed on the previous page but have not been successful getting the NDI plugin to work with OBS 28.1.2.
This is what worked for me:
Install ndi-runtime 5 from here: ndi-runtime-5.0.10.1-macOS.pkg
Then create a symbolic link in /usr/local/lib: sudo ln libndi.dylib libndi.4.dylib

moebasal

Issue The new plugin 4.10 on windows have AUDIO issue the sound comes static piping really bad if you PAN it all the way to LEFT it's fine but then you only getting sound from left speaker please fix it and thank you for your work

SigAddict

I put off upgrading OBS because I knew there was issues with plugins. The only plugin I use is this plugin and StreamElements Live (I've always used only these two). I upgraded OBS on both computers used the zip file to overwrite the old files. Now my audio is horribly distorted.

Before I upgraded I had been using NDI for well over two years. These computers have been formatted and even replaced during this time and I have had zero issues whatsoever. I always keep the NDI runtime up to date as well. As soon as I upgraded OBS and started using the upgraded plugin, the audio has been unusable.

I would really rather not revert back to an old unsupported version, especially since the StreamElements plugin would no longer be able to be upgraded. I'm not even sure I can download the old version.

Current OS on both computers - Windows 10 pro 21H2
All audio sources set the same 24bit, 48000hz
Both computers hardwired to a dedicated switch.

Razors_tv

Hi
So far the Obs plugin 4.10 works with Obs 28.1, the desktop sound works, but the microphone sound crackles when you speak, so you can't talk in the stream without the background noise, which is a pity
that still needs to be fixed