Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Acey05

Wanted to post my problem with NDI and frame issues here, any advice?

Using a dual PC setup with NDI Scan Convertor and the plugin for OBS on the stream computer. On the gaming output end, I'm outputting 60FPS, but there's no other way to describe it other than the stream just does NOT look 60FPS smooth. Maybe I'm just being too anal about this, but it just looks off to me.

Here's a clip recently (using NDI): https://www.twitch.tv/fathersongami...h35VEt0qs5YTm?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
And here's one before when I had one PC (not using NDI): https://www.twitch.tv/fathersongami...lOqHnqlns9iz?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

Second clip just looks smooth and 60 FPS to me. Am I losin' it?
The NID clip seems to be running at either 48 or 30 frames. It could be many issues, ranging from your Router not being 100MB Local or your OBS was configured to send out the Resolution and Frame as Output instead of Video.

Also remember that NDI can end up using about 5-10% if your Graphics Card, so if you're already hitting the 100% load it's going to make the issue worse.

If you are on Linux, run a tool to see if it is your monitor or video card. It won't tell you which one but helps. Some monitors run near 60 but not perfectly.
glxgears -info
Wait a bit for it to start printing out monitor frames. It will begin printing it out every 5 seconds. You can press Ctrl+C in Linux Mint to cancel out, it doesn't end on its own.
If you are on Windows you can maybe run a similar tool. With a better and faster monitor and videocard and faster internet/network you could run above 60.
I'm on Windows. I have a 2080S on the gaming PC and gig internet (wired) to both the gaming and streaming computer. I'm not sure that either of those are the bottlenecks, no?

The NID clip seems to be running at either 48 or 30 frames. It could be many issues, ranging from your Router not being 100MB Local or your OBS was configured to send out the Resolution and Frame as Output instead of Video.

Also remember that NDI can end up using about 5-10% if your Graphics Card, so if you're already hitting the 100% load it's going to make the issue worse.
I'm using the standard router from Xfinity. Thing is, I'm getting 700/500 speeds on both computers, and they're both wired. Can you expand on the OBS output? I just have the NDI source in the scene for my gaming PC's screen and audio, and the standard x264 encoder at 1080 60FPS. Since I have a dual PC, I'm using integrated graphics on the stream PC and obviously not gaming on the stream PC, so any GPU encoding all goes to OBS.

If you just mean GPU maxing out the gaming PC, I don't believe it is. I have a 2080S and I'm playing all the games on the lowest settings, so I don't think that's it.

spencerkm

For anyone with AV sync issues, are you using Latency mode Low (experimental)? It mostly resolved issues for me using Teams and NDI into OBS. While I'm here, is there anywhere that explains each NDI source setting in OBS?

1637159664205.png

sd52

Please tell me how you can realize the simultaneous capture of several web cameras (3pcs) on one pc and their simultaneous broadcasting to another computer using a NDI screen capture module or in some other way.
By default, in the settings of the NDI screen capture module, you can select only one of the webcams, but you cannot select several at the same time.

IvYWing

Linux Mint 64bit 20.2 Xfce
OBS-NDI is giving me choppy/underwater sounding audio from my network friend over the LAN.
I have tried killing pulseaudio and restarting it, applying various fixes across the web of editing config files, uninstalling speech-dispatcher, etc.
Have rebuilt OBS 27.1.3 from the ground up and NDI 4.5.1-1 always has choppy sound. Have restarted billions of times my computer and have been uising NDI with choppy sound and trying to fix it for a week.
Could it be that my friend is on Windows 10 running Win 10 OBS? What is going on? Please help.
I went to Github Issues and found the answer to my problem.
obs_audio_frame.data =
(uint8_t*)(&audio_frame.p_data[i * audio_frame.no_samples]);
To:
obs_audio_frame.data = (uint8_t*)( &audio_frame.p_data[ i * audio_frame.channel_stride_in_bytes ]);

.channel_stride_in_bytes was the fix.
Here is the link to the bug line on Line 332:
Bug for Mac and Linux: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/blob/4.9.1/src/obs-ndi-source.cpp#L332

Issue Tracker: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/issues/655
Halelujah we now have sound!

michaelc

Apparently NDI 5 Tools installed on the same machine is cause for OBS having crashes when changing Scene Collections or closing. Can this plugin please be updated to run on the NDI 5 runtime, rather than left in the past with version 4 ? Thanks.

BluScr3n

Hello, I'm having an issue I was hoping i could get some help with. I bought an elgato face came, and when I enable ndi the face cam source locks up and camera turns off in OBS. It works fine when NDI is disabled. Any ideas what may be causing this?

r3dd3vil

hello guys, anyone can give me the obs-ndi apple slilicon (apple m1 native) version? I know there is one compiled for the new macs but i can't find it :(

shizumiaoki

Hey I have a question with OBS + NDI I seem to be having some video lag from the video feed being sent from Gaming PC to Stream PC. However I’m not to sure if the issue is from NDI it self since in the window preview on the gaming PC the lag / stutter seems to happen in the preview window and then the same lag / stutter also shows up on the stream PC

On the gaming PC (Running Win 11) it can also completely freeze system wide when running OBS + NDI and even completely crash with blue screen on a second gaming PC from testing.

darran wilson

Apparently NDI 5 Tools installed on the same machine is cause for OBS having crashes when changing Scene Collections or closing. Can this plugin please be updated to run on the NDI 5 runtime, rather than left in the past with version 4 ? Thanks.

I've installed the 4.9.1 plugin and then NDI 5 on multiple PCs and have had no issues. I have noticed some programs like Resolume keep a copy of the older DLL in their own folder and you have to manually copy the newer V5 NDI DLLs over them.

WP1

I'm working on a project (Windows platform) where I need to run multiple instances of OBS (5 or 6) and I'm finding that NDI is not working properly in the multiple (--portable) instances. While an NDI source option appears, no sources are available in these instances. In a default OBS installation the sources are visible so something is not carrying over to the portable instances. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks!

WP1

I'm working on a project (Windows platform) where I need to run multiple instances of OBS (5 or 6) and I'm finding that NDI is not working properly in the multiple (--portable) instances. While an NDI source option appears, no sources are available in these instances. In a default OBS installation the sources are visible so something is not carrying over to the portable instances. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks!
Never mind, it was a Windoze firewall issue. Thanks,

ygreq

So is OBS able to create HX streams? How?

I am not referring to using HX streams from different physical devices inside of OBS. But actually create those HX streams inside of OBS to capture on other PCs or other apps for example.

Thank you!!!

ygreq

I looked at the NDI Output Settings and it does not let me change anything beside Main Output name and Preview Output name. It does not let me change from normal NDI to HX NDI. And from my understanding, this plugin creates normal NDI streams.

Am I missing something?