Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

mistafist

How's it going. I'm using the ndi plugin and would like to use the Twitch VOD audio feature choosing which track is for the VOD and which are not. Is there a way I can do this using the NDI plugin from the client OBS? It seems it would have to be separated on the host ndi obs end? If anyone could give me some direction I would appreciate the helpfulness. Thanks for your time.

Glortman

sderman

Can this version of NDI Input/Output NewTek NDI integration be used with OBS 26? I am trying desperately to get video AND sound from OBS to MS Teams, and I am worried that the NDI plugin might have conflicts with the Virtual Camera in OBS 26.1.1. Any thoughts or wisdom?

thanks
It shows up for me. Except I'm not using Teams. I use Skype and Zoom.

sderman

Thanks sderman: So you just use the NDI virtual camera and ignore the one offered by OBS?
I use NDI when I need to monitor the stream output from OBS because when using NDI both audio and video is sent from OBS via NDI.
I also use the OBS Virtual Cam and VB Audio(monitoring device in OBS). But when I use Virtual Cam and VB audio in ZOOM I usually can't monitor the OBS audio(unless I set up Banana). So my use case is dependent on the requirement at hand.

The_X_Boy

Heel! I'm working with a Mac mini M1. But the NDI Source does not show up. Currently I'm fixing this with a NDISyphon application. But this does not work as reliable as your plugin (used it with my old Intel Mac). Are you aware of this problem (not showing up in the source) and/or is there a fix currently known? Cheers!

Leris

Are there any way to make NDI on the PC to use GPU instead of CPU?
NDI is using the same amount of CPU load as whenever I use single PC stream. Or did I do something wrong?

MathewMantas

Hi there, I have a question. I'm currently running two pc's on the same network but the main pc is also connected to one more network and I'm having trouble with NDI not finding my source, I did try to bind IP before obs launched not possible for some reason, then I tried to bind it in the obs itself but it seems to do just about nothing. Then I just disconnected my other network cable connected and found the source then reconnected the other cable and the source is still being outputted to the other pc but the problem is that I would need to do this every time before I start streaming. Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Many thanks :)

I have also attached how it looks visually.
And yes my both connections are Gigabit

Attachments

• Diagram.jpg
    Diagram.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 174

Mr Medved

Has anyone attempted multiple NDI sources at 4K/2160p?

In my preliminary testing with five devices it appears that they do not render at the same time, and can be out of sync with each other up to 6-7 frames (2160p25), with additional variance over time. I don't seem to encounter the same issues at 1080p50.

I am not sure if the lies with OBS, NDI, the encoders (Birddog 4K Flex), or my PC (though CPU, network connection, RAM never max out and I understand there are sufficient PCI lanes for the Ethernet adapter). I'm assuming networking is not an issue as I have a 10Gbps link between my PC and switch, and the switching capacity is more than ample to handle the camera sources.

redfrog

Hi,
We need advises for synchronization.

Our configuration
Gaming PC with Intel I9 8 cores, 16 GB memory, 2 x Gb Ethernet (Aggregation), Nvidia RTX2060
Gigabit network
PC windows 10 up to date
OBS studio (latest version) base and output resolutions 720p/30fps
obs-ndi plugin (latest version)
1 PTZOptics ZCAM 1080p/30fps with NDI/HX
2 iPhones (recent) 1080p/30fps with NDI HX Camera application (latest version)
1 NDI audio source from a second PC
1 NDI video source (screen capture) 720p/30fps from the second PC
... all video and audio sources of OBS are NDI
… we do not have any performance issue

The audio source and the video sources of the iPhones are almost in sync (1-2 frames), but they are late compared to the other two video sources (6-9 frames).

To achieve acceptable synchronization we understand that the fastest sources must be delayed using a filter.
We have tried the Audio/Video Filter "Video Delay (Async)" and the Effect Filter "Render Delay" without obtaining satisfactory results. It even seems that setting these filters on NDI sources destabilizes OBS.

Our questions :
Which kind of filter do we have to use to get the best synchronization ? "Video Delay (Async)" or "Render Delay" ?
Are the NDI sources supporting these filters ?

Any help or advise will be appreciated.
Many thanks

Phorty9

Palakis submitted a new resource:

NDI Input/Output plugin for OBS Studio - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio

Read more about this resource...
Hi

Having an issue with bringing in NDI sources, when selecting a source name, and then clicking okay, obs crashes
Tried and tested with different ndi sources, so not one particular NDI source giving me trouble
Wondering if there's a fix

Thanks

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.7
2015 macbook pro 15in
2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram
SSD

codezer0

Hate to say that I had to make an account just to ask this question, but this is something that's been burning in my mind for far too long, and I can't find anywhere else that can help me. So, here goes...

Former main pc was a 5820K with a 1080Ti; where possible, I often just gamed and streamed from the same computer. After all with GPU encode, what was the problem, right? well... long story short, Yakuza Kiwami 2 was the harbinger of issues. If I tried to stream and game on the same computer at the time, I noticed that my framerates got cut in half, even with GPU encoding enabled. The experience was not unlike some years back, when, my then main PC was a Core 2 Quad and a GTX 285 and trying to stream from twitch for that because that was my only pc at the time. It was very weird to see that kind of linear performance cut. Shocking, I know.

Thankfully since those days, I was able to have a separate build for the living room, for media and later, capture and encoding duties for my consoles (retro and current). *That* build, is an AMD FX cpu with a 780ti as of this writing. For what it's worth, it's handled the duties fine, and the GPU encode made seamless effort of upscaling the retro captures and even just straight passing the capture from the HDMI stuff out to Twitch. It was around then that I first heard of NDI, and since I couldn't justify the cost of a 4K capable capture card, nor have access to internet service with that much upload to stream with, it seemed within reason to use NDI to send the game feed over to this pc (scaled to 1080p for minimal distortion) and just have it treat it as just another capture source; that was the plan.

So, the good news. Starting with a higher fidelity source like that, the resulting stream as seen on Twitch was really sharp and crisp. Also, the performance hit from using NDI versus streaming from the same computer was palpably gone - at worst I was maybe like losing 1~2fps versus just gaming. It was easily the best the resulting stream's ever looked. Bad news is... after a while, simply, it was like the system just fell flat on its face with the encode. Even just dropping the connection altogether.

As a sanity check, I tried one thing. In between then and, building my new main pc, I had another system with a 2600k, slower memory, slower GPU, and on Wi-Fi, and put it on the network, installed OBS with NDI, and tried that out. Even with these disadvantages, the problems just disappeared. Everything was on the same lan, and yet the older i7 handled it fine. Made no sense to me, since I was presuming it was going to use NVENC anyway; heck, both systems were configured to use NVENC!

So it's leaving me to wonder what NDI is doing, and what I can do about it. Unfortunately I can't really use the i7 for the NDI capture/encode because, the aformentioned FX was in an mATX cube case that fits much better with the home theater arrangement, and trying to minimize the amount of towers to appease the wife (I'm sure you can understand that ;) ). The result from the stream was inarguable, and if I ever come across another demanding enough game to challenge my present main pc, I want to reserve NDI as an option.

So, the tl;dr - these symptoms make me think that I need to consider a platform upgrade, for the purpose of handling the NDI capture/encode/stream to site well. Am I correct in this hypothesis? If so, what makes a bigger difference to improving the NDI? is it more cores, more threads? does it use the GPU at all; can it be configured to use the GPU more?

Granted if I have to upgrade I'd be looking for cost effective primarily. But I'd be curious if anyone's gone the other extreme, and like... set up a threadripper build and just threw all the cores at the task to see what happens.

an2knee

Any one have experienced when using NDI Audio Only that it can be heard via audio monitor but No audio goes out to the live stream feed?

streamfuchs

Hi everyone,

I have got a problem with the intergration oft the obs-ndi plugin which might have been discussed already, I am not shure:

I did a streaming event 3 months ago with an USB-Camera I extendend with an UTN (USB to Network) –Server and a dedicated audio mixer connected to my computer via USB (operated with the ASIO-plugin for OBS)

I adjusted the audio latency in my audio mixer to match the latency of the camera, everything worked fine.

I added a second camera to my setup for a streaming event I had to do 3 day ago.
This camera is a PTZ-camera operated via NDI.
I used the OBS-NDI plugin (Windows 4.9.0) and added 80ms delay within OBS for that source to match my timing.
During my transmission I got aware of the fact the the NDI-camera run out of audio/video synchronisation.
After the transmission I did some tests with the following result:

When starting OBS everthing is in sync.
During operation the NDI-Source (camera) has a shift of about 40ms every 10min. of operation.
So after 3 hours of operation my NDI-camera is about 720ms late which of course is not usable.

Evertime I change the sync for the NDI-camera from source timing to network or from network to source timing the camera is back in sync again.

Obvioulsy that shifting latency is an issue of the OBS-NDI plugin.
Does anyone out there made the same experiences as I did and is there a solution/workaround?
Of course it is not a solution to resync the camera every 5 minutes, especially when the camera is on air.
The best solution of course would be a solution within the plugin.

Any ideas or advices?

Gohst

Hi all,

i got some trouble with the LIC. Agreement. @Palakis.
NDI is free to use and in your agreement you listed that this installation could be done only 5 times?
What is the habbit behind?
I was in talk also with NewTek they have told me now to use NDI TOOLS to be unlimited.