Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Brilesmedia

Hi Everyone....This is a great plugin. I have one issue which is probably my dufuss settings. I import the Skype source or video. I turn off the microphone on the skype end. I can hear my buddy talking on Obs but he cant hear me. I have gone in on the settings and turned on the sources in the audio mixer. But he cant hear me...Anything that I am doing wrong or any suggestions. I have trouble shooted all of the issues. Maybe Im worn out and the answer is right in front of me.. Thanks all.
JimPop

Vladi play

Добрый день. У меня два компа,один на интел второй на амд. Ни на одном из них обс не видит плагин ndi. Перепробовал кучу возможных вариантов решения проблемы,так и не получилось решить. Помоги решить эту проблему. Обс последней версии,ndi тоже качаю последней версии.

qwertyui0p

hello everyone :)

I'm on linux platform:

from obs log:

OBS 26.0.0.rc2.r0.g5889e2905
[..]

info: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.9.1) [..]

info: [obs-ndi] NDI runtime loaded successfully

info: [obs-ndi] NDI library initialized successfully (NDI SDK LINUX 00:05:02 Apr 1 2020 4.5.3) ===

% sudo ldconfig --verbose | grep libndi
libndi.so.4 -> libndi.so.4.5.3
libndihx.so -> libndihx.so
# note :: there are other librairies.so that come with the HX drivers - not listed here but they are installed)

===
I have installed
obs 26.x using distro package manager
obs-ndi 4.9.1 plugin (distro package manager),
newtek libndi 4.5.3 (installed that from the official newtek sdk)
(also tried libndi 4.5.1 as it's the version listed on the obs-ndi binary distribution web page)
newtek ndiHX librairies 2018-12-21 @ r100036 (latest available)
===

my problem:
The newtek plus 4k which stream ndiHX streams does not appear in the obs-ndi plugin on linux.
On windows my box appears in obs-ndi **only when using the NDI virtual input** (meaning obs does not directly access the ndihx stream but rather whatever is presented above the virtual input layer)

===
additional notes:

interrestingly enough, in linux, if i use the newtek ndi-directory-service binary (by newtek)

it loops on this screen:

% ndi-directory-service
NDI Discovery Service v4.5.3.0
Copyright (C)2014-2020, NewTek, inc.
0:00:30 [---|--------------------------------------] 0 Sources, 0 Listeners.
^C
Exiting. Thank you for using me.
===

but if i use the opensource reverse engineered library from Jean-Baptise Kempf (from VideoLan team)
https://code.videolan.org/jbk/libndi
I obtain this:

% ndi list
Discovered Source: Name: sparkdevice.local IP: 192.168.xx.xx Port: 5962

("sparkdevice" is the name i gave my device, a spark plus 4k)

===

so from what i understand it would seem that the obs-ndi does not work with ndiHX
in linux this seems to be fault to the sdk not detecting the device
(which weird since the version 0.0.1 of the opensource librairy detects it)

Under windows, if one uses the "NDI Virtual Input" which basicaly is an abstraction layer i can use my device in obs.

could Palakis
answer the following question:

Does obs-ndi work with ndiHX \[in linux\], using the newtek runtime distribution?
(here is the official url)
https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012318274-Linux-NDI-HX-Driver

(( if so how, if not is this a planned feature ))

thanks for reading, have a nice day :)

obs-ndi author:
https://obsproject.com/forum/members/palakis.71063/

qwertyui0p

so i have some update on the OBS-NDI plugin and ndihx.
i have been in contact with newtek support, regarding their sdk and drivers.

it turns out that once you have installed the ndihx drivers properly (see the included readme) you also need avahi-daemon.service to be up and running.

once this is set

if you use the binary compiled from the sdk examples called NDIlib_find

% ./NDIlib_Find
Network sources (1 found).
1. SPARKDEVICE (sparkchannel)
No change to the sources found.

the binary does see the sender that is the spark device.

from there, i launch OBS26 with obs-ndi 4.9.1
add an ndi source => the plubind does see the SPARKDEVICE (sparkchannel)
but when i select it, no video, no sound.

so i am assuming this is because obs-ndi was *quote* not compiled with ndihx, but only ndi *unquote*

this assumption is based on the log that mentions :
info: [obs-ndi] Found NDI library at '/usr/lib/libndi.so.4'
but does not mention libndihx.so

this is where i would very much appreciate some input from obs-ndi author Palakis :

1/ no mention of libndihx.so in thelogs is this a good indication obs-ndi is not currently ndihx capable?
2/ if so will ndihx be included in obs-ndi in the futur?

thank you all for reading,
Thank you Palakis for this plugin :)

Last edited:

gingkol

Hello, wonder if anyone might have experienced it before. I can not see a NDI source in my OBS Studio, after i added the NDI plugin v4.9.0.

Here're some info that might be helpful for ur judgement.
-Laptop is win10, 64bit;
-OBS 25.0.8;
-I added and i could see in plugins, the 64bit -> obs-ndi.dll and obs-ndi.pdb
-In the "data" folder right under the root directory, i could see different languages -> Streaming\obs-studio\bin\64bit\data\obs-plugins\obs-ndi\locale.

I even re-started my laptop but it still didn't work.

Any troubleshooting advices? Thank you.

Attachments

• DCIM.jpg
    DCIM.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 91

7on

Hello!
I am using NDI-plugin. If I choose a ndi source the NDI-Window is perfectly shown in the preview and live view.

Then I go to the transform window of ndi and changed there some settings.
1600345518003.png

Everything is still fine working.

But if I close obs and reopen it again the ndi source is not shown in the preview and live view. It is just black.

Although it will be recognized into the window where I can change the ndi-signal...
1600345698109.png

Gray is what I should get from the NDI signal. But on the live view it is black

Can anybody help me?

Nachricht an #plugins-and-tools

techdisrupt34

I have a desktop that has several web cameras and ip cameras setup in OBS. I want to control these cameras on an instance of OBS on my laptop. I have NDI setup between the 2 devices and it works, but only for 1 camera. It treats my desktop as 1 source. I want to be able to control / change several desktop sources from my laptop.
I really need the ability to have multiple "main-outputs" on the desktop. I can launch multi-instances of OBS on the desktop, but network and performance issues start.

What do I need to do in either of the OBS instances to do this, or is it supported?

Thanks

DasKraut

Question: I'm actually using this to grab the NDI output from my Avid Media Composer software, and it's working perfectly! The only issue I'm having is that while I can use the OBS VirtualCam to output the video to Zoom, I get no audio. I'm seeing that I could also run an NDI Output from OBS. Would this carry the audio then as well? I'm been having a real problem getting audio out of OBS and into Zoom. (Most likely a Zoom problem, but curious if anyone knows.)

Question: I'm actually using this to grab the NDI output from my Avid Media Composer software, and it's working perfectly! The only issue I'm having is that while I can use the OBS VirtualCam to output the video to Zoom, I get no audio. I'm seeing that I could also run an NDI Output from OBS. Would this carry the audio then as well? I'm been having a real problem getting audio out of OBS and into Zoom. (Most likely a Zoom problem, but curious if anyone knows.)

Yes it does, you need to use the NDI Virtual Input application to set the NDI feed you want to make a 'virtual webcam' so as Zoom can see it. And you also need to set the microphone input for Zoom to be the 'LINE' NewTek NDI Audio device that should be on your system. All of this assumes you've installed the full NDI Tools suite.

Acey05

Before I downgrade NDI back to 4.8, did anyone ever find a solution to the Audio/Video Desync issue for the latest version?

Maybe the latest OBS RC version fixes this, or maybe changing the audio channels, anything at all honestly?

The current version is unbearable, since sometimes the Audio won't be the one Desyncing, but the Video instead and it does that over time, so you can't even put a filter delay correctly.
Hell, just changing scenes sometimes automatically starts the Desync issues. I can't even use the StreamFX shaders, because if I do, NDI has a heart-attack and can sometimes stop sending frames (imagine an overloaded encoder on the second PC).

I ended up spending hours turning everything into a Media Source to help NDI, but even sometimes a Media Source is too much and will end up Desyncing it.

The only solution I found was sending the Mic, Audio and Video each as a separate NDI filter (and the Audio set at 48 khz, I don't know why, but this delays the desync issue by quite a while) but as soon as I do that the second PC ends up using 2x the processing power (instead of 20% for a small scene, it boosts to 40% and overloads the encoder), and it makes using scenes pointless since NDI filters don't pick up on the changes of scenes automatically.

I'm vexed, and really hoping someones had solution to this. Cheers in advance.

I have the latest version of OBS and 4.9.0 of NDI (plugin and runtime) installed and rebooted. NDI shows up in the log files and Tools:NDI Output settings exists, but there is no virtual camera in VLC, Zoom, Collaborate, etc. Any ideas how to make this work?
Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/xmDUWGgPj8HWGpX6

Did you do this:

Yes it does, you need to use the NDI Virtual Input application to set the NDI feed you want to make a 'virtual webcam' so as Zoom can see it. And you also need to set the microphone input for Zoom to be the 'LINE' NewTek NDI Audio device that should be on your system. All of this assumes you've installed the full NDI Tools suite.

flushaas

Hello,
I was using OBS with skype and ndi plugin windows. It works ok, but the laptop wasn't be able to stream fluidly, because it's a bit old.

As SkypeforLinux has no NDI support, I decided to split the work between two computers. A windows laptop to manage Skype videochatting with NDI support and a Archlinux PC with OBS and the obs-ndi plugin.

Both computers are wired to the same LAN. I have tested it with a third Windows Laptop with OBS installed, and it finds the ndi sources (frorm the other laptop Skype) without problems.

But when I test it with the Archlinux PC (no errors of any kind in the log, ndi initialized succesfully), no ndi sources are available in Source Name.

Any clue why obs in linux can't find the NDI source from the Windows laptop's skype?

gqFRI.png

Vis.Inc

NDI just ROCKS - complete game-changer in being able to record my Live VJ set on a separate machine whilst streaming to Twitch and outputting to a projector.
Thunderbolt 2 10Gb network between my 2015 15" MBpro and Late2012 Mac Mini. Both running OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
Multiple NDI streams in both directions between Resolume Arena 6 and OBS, 2x iPhones over NDI-HX. It's like "join-the-dots" for video :)))))