Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

mesihas

you can now use NDI virtual input (from the Newtek NDI Tools, you then choose video capture in OBS.You have to run that app so it’s not as slick as (it should be) using the NDI input.

Thanks for the idea I've tried and works well. Is it limited to 720p by NDI Virtual Input?

AllenKnapp

I am trying to set up OBS Studio to use a PTZOptics NDI PTZ camera for my church. I have six presets set up in the camera. I am using the HTTP URL's that PTZOptics provides and putting them into each scene for each of the presets. For example, for preset number 1 (my wideshot), I have a "PTZ Wideshot" scene that has three sources:
1. An NDI entry for the camera video.
2. An audio capture source for the mix coming from my soundboard via Blackmagic WebPresenter.
3. A browser source named "wideshot" that contains the URL that PTZOptics provided:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/ptzctrl.cgi?ptzcmd&poscall&1
The xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the NDI camera and the last character ("1" here) is the preset number.
Then I have 5 more scenes configured similarly but with different browser sources (with unique names and with the last character different for each preset).

When I call up a scene the first time after starting up OBS, it works okay. But when I try to select a PTZ Optics camera scene (e.g. "PTZ Closeup"), the camera never moves to the new preset.

If I paste the URL's into Chrome, they all move the camera.

If I use the PTZOptics Camera Control app, the presets all select the proper preset.

Is there something basic I am missing here???

Thanks!

YSSGVM

Help! I have installed NDI on linux but it does not show me the NDI Source option in Add Source. NDI Output is also not displayed in the Tools menu. Any solution?

Tangential

I am trying to set up OBS Studio to use a PTZOptics NDI PTZ camera for my church. I have six presets set up in the camera. I am using the HTTP URL's that PTZOptics provides and putting them into each scene for each of the presets. For example, for preset number 1 (my wideshot), I have a "PTZ Wideshot" scene that has three sources:
1. An NDI entry for the camera video.
2. An audio capture source for the mix coming from my soundboard via Blackmagic WebPresenter.
3. A browser source named "wideshot" that contains the URL that PTZOptics provided:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/ptzctrl.cgi?ptzcmd&poscall&1
The xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the NDI camera and the last character ("1" here) is the preset number.
Then I have 5 more scenes configured similarly but with different browser sources (with unique names and with the last character different for each preset).

When I call up a scene the first time after starting up OBS, it works okay. But when I try to select a PTZ Optics camera scene (e.g. "PTZ Closeup"), the camera never moves to the new preset.

If I paste the URL's into Chrome, they all move the camera.

If I use the PTZOptics Camera Control app, the presets all select the proper preset.

Is there something basic I am missing here???

Thanks!
Have you set the browsers to refresh? Perhaps it is not actually refreshing the pages
refdresh.PNG

AllenKnapp

Help! I have installed NDI on linux but it does not show me the NDI Source option in Add Source. NDI Output is also not displayed in the Tools menu. Any solution?

It may be that some of the install is sequence-sensative. Also, do you have the obs-ndi plugin? I think you need it too. Not sure whether I got it from Newtek or OBS or PTZOptics. It's a little frustrating finding everything you need to get it running. I'm also using Elgato Streamdeck and installs a plugin into OBS so you have to have OBS installed first (and not running) when you install the Streamdeck software.

trustmeican

Thanks for the idea I've tried and works well. Is it limited to 720p by NDI Virtual Input?
Right click on the NDI Virtual Input taskbar icon, you can select the source, and the resolution (Automatic/ 1080p30/ 720p30/ 480p30) under "Video". It is worth noting that some programs do not work well with automatic or high resolution webcams. Update NDI Tools to the latest version if you don't see the resolution config.

rafaelhol

Bug Ndi No Obs Studio 20.0.8 (x64) para Windows 7 Professional (X64)

NDI não inicia

Olá pessoal da OBS. Estou usando o Windows 7 Professional (x64) com todas as atualizações ok, tentando usar o plugin NDI no OBS Studio versão 20.0.8 (x64) sem êxito. Fazendo o download do plugin (NDI) versão 4.9.0 e instalando com sua respectiva dependência do (NDI 4 Runtime) versão 4.5.1 (x64). Depois de abrir o ORG e defini-lo como "Ferramentas"> Ativo "MAIN, NDI Output", ele retorna uma mensagem de erro e fecha o programa. Eu acredito que é uma questão de incompatibilidade x86 com x64. Estou encaminhando o log de erros e uma captura de tela da tela para que alguém possa avaliá-lo. Obrigado

Erro de log: https://obsproject.com/logs/YnOzjjYkB19SKaQG

Attachments

• NDI-Error-In-OBS-Studio-20.png
    NDI-Error-In-OBS-Studio-20.png
    186 KB · Views: 53

Masterhacker

Hola a todos, a alguno de vosotros os pasa que OBS (una vez instalado el plugin) no aparece la opción de NDI, ni agregando dispositivo ni como emisor de imagen?.

Tengo tarjeta gráfica NVIDIA geforce G7 710.

bradtem

I got NDI working because OBS virtualcam does not support audio at all, and the other channels for audio (OBS monitor) have flaws. However, I am having some ease of use issues with NDI. So my questions:

1. Is there a way to launch NDI tools other than at boot, and then through the use of the tray icon? I would prefer to only run it when I need it, but I have also sometimes found it missing, and there is no way to start it that I see. (At first I installed it without start-at-boot and could not run it at all.)
  2. In what may seem like an opposite question, is there a way to automate starting it up when I run OBS, creating the OBS source in NDI. My goal is to have a virtual camera and audio device that "just work" -- I run OBS, and if I have so selected, the virtualcam is now working for tools like Zoom etc. OBS-Virtualcam in its tools menu has a means to say to automatically start the virtualcam, as well as start/stop it while operating, and that's useful. (It's annoying enough to have to remember to fire up OBS every time I fire up Skype or Zoom but I don't want to have to fire up several programs.)
Thanks.

stego

Running on Linux (Pop!Os, Ubuntu derivative). Installed latest OBS from ppa (Ubuntu installation steps), and installed the plugin. Everything shows up fine in OBS, but when i go to an NDI source, my PTZ NDI cameras don't appear in the "source name" drop down.

I've disabled my firewall (UFW), re-installed OBS and the plugins, with restarts in between but to no avail.

OBS NDI plugin can't for some reason see the cameras. I can confirm I am on the same subnet as the cameras.

Any ideas or tips?

Dan0974

I apologize if this has been asked before but I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and tried to enable hardware accelerated gpu scheduling. When I did this the video that was being output from the ndi plugin started stuttering and clipping on the screen. When I turn hardware accelerated gpu scheduling off the issue goes away. I like the boost in performance from the HAGS but it's causing some kind of issue with ndi's output. Is this a known issue and is there already a way to fix it? My gaming PC is running Windows 10 version 2004 but my streaming laptop is not, could that be part of the issue? I tried reinstalling the ndi plugin on the gaming PC as well.

Phibbit

NDI has been working brilliantly well for us the past few months allowing for a church live stream to operate from two neighbouring houses connected with a long cable and a load of old laptops, apart from one limit that I can't find a way around.
When using NDI Output settings, main output, is there anyway of moving this off sending audio track 1? I would like to be able to mirror the screen elsewhere but only send selected audio, so being able to send only audio track 2 would be perfect.
The only way I can see to do this is to move the live stream to not use track 1 keeping that free for ndi, but i'm not sure what else this might affect.
Any help appreciated, even if the answer is a no!

Similar to the above, I know NDI is able to send multiple channels of audio, but it seems the plugin only ever sends channel 1. I'd love to be able to send all six channels that OBS natively supports! Then I can mix them at the other end. Is that possible?

Workaround: Add a scene called Output 3+4, add whatever audio (or whatever scenes with audio) I want on those, then add a Dedicated NDI Output filter to the scene. Set it to audio only and call it Audio3+4. Repeat as needed.

If that doesn't work right, then individual NDI filters added to individual sources (not scenes) might be the right workaround.

I feel sure that multiple NDI filters all over a project is more resource hogging and complicated than one single NDI output with all 6 channels. I'm also pretty sure the sync will be imperfect, though probably not bad.

It would be great to just send all six at once. Possible?

psiobob

I've run into this audio problem with my setup of OBS-NDI. I am trying to use two iDevices with the camera app in a church setting. I can do this. It all sets up fine and works fine. It is a new W10 setup. Low loading, perfect everything. When I connect to Youtube, "Excellent" signal condition. When I select up one of the iphone cameras, the audio turns choppy. Only on Youtube. Can't see or hear any problem at the PC. Youtube throws an error "audio bitrate too low" yet it reports the signal condition is excellent. If I select a non NDI source, the audio turns good. If I use NDI tools and connect an iphone that way, audio is good but I am limited to the one NDI source (I've not found a way around this). I should add that I am using ASIO audio only. No other audio sources are used. ASIO is via Dante Virtual Soundcard. The house is 48K and I've tried both 44 and 48K at OBS. Both work fine, can't tell any difference there.

AUTdany

Hi, a new person, old problem :)

I install NDI Plugin on my Streaming PC and on my Gaming PC, i make all like the turtorial said. After this i cannot see the gaming PC in the source name.. no dropbox ... so i start to search with google, found that someone make something with the firewall, install ndi toolbar 4.5, take the zip not the exe.. so after trying everything what is out here in the internet the gaming PC have nothing in the source name... so i need help pls

Gaming pc i7-7700k
streaming pc i5-6600

The NDIMonitor show the stream from the Gaming PC on the Gaming PC... but it seems like there is no signal to the streaming pc.. once i had a connection but the only i saw was a pixel rainbow window....see taht one time
so pls, someone out here that can help a poor boi ;)