Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Ephoxia

Not sure what is causing this issue but my stream is really choppy. It looks fine on both the Gaming PC and my Streaming Laptop but on twitch it's really laggy and choppy.
My settings are 1600x900 60fps, 6000 bitrate, h.264 encoding with fast preset. I'm not dropping frames and the CPU on the laptop goes to max 70%.

Last edited:

Yagisama

Not sure what is causing this issue but my stream is really choppy. It looks fine on both the Gaming PC and my Streaming Laptop but on twitch it's really laggy and choppy.
My settings are 1600x900 60fps, 6000 bitrate, x.264 encoding with fast preset. I'm not dropping frames and the CPU on the laptop goes to max 70%.
Try lowering the bitrate to around 3000 - 3500 and see if that helps. Twitch doesn't allow non-partnered channels to go above 3500 anyway.

Ephoxia

Try lowering the bitrate to around 3000 - 3500 and see if that helps. Twitch doesn't allow non-partnered channels to go above 3500 anyway.
They changed that, non partners can go to 6000 bitrate. It's not a network issue as i can stream from my Gaming PC using Nvenc at 6000 bitrate no issue but when doing it on the laptop using h.264 and NDI the whole stream is constantly lagging. And as i said i'm not dropping frames so it's not a network issue on the laptop either. And the CPU goes up to 70% usage but no higher.

Yagisama

This installed perfect on my gaming pc (win10), but I can't manage to install it properly on my streaming pc (win7).
I can install everything, but after several hours of trying back and forth, I still can't get it to work. The NDI option is nowhere to be found in the 'Tools' menu and I can not add it as a source.

Anyone know if this thing works on Win7 at all, or is it something else that's giving me a hard time?

Thanks

Edit: Updated my streaming pc from win7 to win10, still doesn't work. I am confused.
Found the issue. Looked through the log files and found this:
"[obs-ndi] CPU unsupported by NDI library. Module won't load."

wazer

Really really nice plugin, however having FPS issues.

Running 1700x with 3600mhz ram cl15-15-15-35
1070 card and ssd on both systems.

I was testing with csgo, I had really bad frames on the gaming machine, usually I will have 350-400fps but with the obs and plugin running in the background it would drop to 100-150fps sometimes under 90 in rare scenarios.

Does it matter what output > encoder is set to or does it not use that at all?, any way to tweak this or get fps optimized?

I'm planning on using this 1700x as server and encoder next month when 8700k is released.

thejdubb02

I had been using an older version of this plugin for some time and it worked great. I recently upgraded to the latest version, installed the software required for NDI but not the new plugin does not show up as a source within OBS in either 32 or 64-bit version. I have tried both the installer and manually installing the files into OBS and neither work.

Any suggestions?

Maelas

Comparing NDI to the normal way of connecting 2 PCs, is there a noticeable performance difference in terms of FPS or gpu/cpu load?

Chaskerr4

I'm looking to install OBS and this NDI plugin on a NUC computer and then attach a USB3 camera to the NUC.

The NUC is:

Brix GB-BXi7-4500 with a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-4500U (Haswell) CPU
It has 8GB and a 250GB SSD drive.
Windows 10 (although Linux might work as well)

I've been super impressed with the NDI plugin so far on i7 desktops and laptops. Anyone see a reason why this NUC computer running OBS Studio and this plugin wouldn't work? Transmit video 720/60P video.

Last edited:

Endyo

This installed perfect on my gaming pc (win10), but I can't manage to install it properly on my streaming pc (win7).
I can install everything, but after several hours of trying back and forth, I still can't get it to work. The NDI option is nowhere to be found in the 'Tools' menu and I can not add it as a source.

Anyone know if this thing works on Win7 at all, or is it something else that's giving me a hard time?

Thanks

Edit: Updated my streaming pc from win7 to win10, still doesn't work. I am confused.

I had exactly the same problem. Got it installed on my gaming PC without any real issue. Set up a stream PC that had Windows 7 and nothing I did made it show up. Upgraded to Windows 10 and completely reinstalled everything and there's still nothing showing up at all related to NDI. I have tried everything I can possibly think of and it won't show up. It has the same files in the same folders in on both PCs. I've looked at both 32 bit and 64 bit. Installed both from the windows installer and from the zip file. Restarted multiple times. I'm completely at a loss as for what the issue is... I guess I'm just going to continue searching for a solution.

Edit: I've gone so far as to completely copy all of the files including the appdata profile information over and it still isn't showing up. Both OBS folders are identical. I'm assuming this means that some required piece of this proces isn't installed on the stream PC. I have no idea what that might be or why in any situation would it make the plugin just appear to not exist rather than just not function, but I'm hoping I can figure it out.

Seems the problem is here: https://github.com/palakis/obs-ndi/issues/33

The platform apparently requires a "CPU with SSSE3 instructions" which apparently isn't a number of older AMD processors including my old Phenom II 1090T. I suppose that's some relevant information that may need added to the requirements for this plugin. Even though it's old hardware, the idea here is to make a functional stream PC - and often stream PCs are old PCs from the very start.

Last edited:

Chaskerr4

I'm looking to install OBS and this NDI plugin on a NUC computer and then attach a USB3 camera to the NUC.

The NUC is:

Brix GB-BXi7-4500 with a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-4500U (Haswell) CPU
It has 8GB and a 250GB SSD drive.
Windows 10 (although Linux might work as well)

I've been super impressed with the NDI plugin so far on i7 desktops and laptops. Anyone see a reason why this NUC computer running OBS Studion and this plugin wouldn't work? Transmit video 720/60P video. Basically a poor man's BirdDog.

Yup this works. At least in my workshop. In the field? We'll see.

Using Quicksync to record and buffer, with NDI streaming, 15-20% CPU utilization.

DoomSantos

Hi, this is basically working for me, except its maxing out my network bandwidth which creates a choppy stream.
I'm assuming because OBS is outputting my full quality over the network or maybe something else?
I can't seem to work out how fix this, any ideas?

Attachments

• OBS NDI Network Maxed.png
    OBS NDI Network Maxed.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 320

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
NDI requires a Gigabit network to run properly. IIRC, NDI streams usually take up ~125 Mbps (though I may be misremembering).

Rewind

I did a test stream and when i was streaming everything worked fine using NDI but the one problem was with the audio. It would have a couple seconds of delay and just repeat whatever audio was being output at the time. If i said a few words it would come out clear once but then like 7-10 seconds later it would completely repeat it and the same thing with music. I tried muting the mic or desktop sound on my main pc in obs and ofcourse i didnt hear anything and when i just muted the ndi audio on my other pc i didnt hear anything so im not really sure what to do. Any help?

DoomSantos

Interesting. My obs only uses about 72 Mbps when I use NDI and works fine so far.

Oh well I went ahead and got a gigabit switch and a gigabit card for my other computer, seems no change for me.
Stream at 1080(mainpc) and 1080 (streampc), audio is fine but video is choppy, but soon as I change the mainpc to 720 (and leave the streaming PC at 1080) it streams fine.

I can stream 1080 better on the single of setup than dual, tried playing around with different priorities and encodings and not much change.

tristanwc

Has anyone tried doing a two pc setup on a gigabyte network. I've did one encoding on H264 on streaming pc @ 5k bitrate & 720p60fps but the stream isn't really 60fps, more like 30fps even though it says its 60fps. Just wondering if on gigabyte ethernet it would make a bigger difference. I really want to try it on my other place where I live at with amazing internet: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6669925319 (to show off Kappa)

Heres the example I did on PUBG: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177578224?t=03m47s

APerfidiousDane

Oh well I went ahead and got a gigabit switch and a gigabit card for my other computer, seems no change for me.
Stream at 1080(mainpc) and 1080 (streampc), audio is fine but video is choppy, but soon as I change the mainpc to 720 (and leave the streaming PC at 1080) it streams fine.

I can stream 1080 better on the single of setup than dual, tried playing around with different priorities and encodings and not much change.

What purpose does setting the streampc to 1080 if it's being passed as 720?

Has anyone tried doing a two pc setup on a gigabyte network. I've did one encoding on H264 on streaming pc @ 5k bitrate & 720p60fps but the stream isn't really 60fps, more like 30fps even though it says its 60fps. Just wondering if on gigabyte ethernet it would make a bigger difference. I really want to try it on my other place where I live at with amazing internet: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6669925319 (to show off Kappa)

Heres the example I did on PUBG: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177578224?t=03m47s

looks smooth as 60 to me?