Question / Help OBS Mac Questions

J. Ervin Bates

I have an iMac as well as a Macbook Pro and I love OBS. Very intuitive and it works well, unlike X-split, which cannot work on Mac. I love the fact that you can add extra audio devices (mics, etc). I have a couple questions for those who can answer them and I thank you in advance for your help.

1. How can I get GIF files to work in this program? I see you are going to be adding support, but until then are there any work-arounds?

2. Is there any way to add more cameras to the feed if we are in a live situation, on site?

3. I need to know if there is a way to play video (FLV, MOV, MP4, etc) in this program.

Thank you in advance for your help. I have played with X-split, but I prefer OBS, because of the fact it is a very well planned program. I look forward to your replies and future releases.

Erv

1. No workaround for now ! GIF support is available via FFmpeg "Media Source" in Git version so it'll be in OBS MP next release.
  2. Personnally, I don't know
  3. Same thing than for GIFs !

J. Ervin Bates

Ok, so I CAN use GIFs by using FFmpeg? I am confused....very new to this program, so please forgive my lack of education on it. :-) Has there been any discussion on when the next release might be coming? I appreciate your input and help

And if someone can explain what Git version is, I would appreciate that info as well.

Last edited: