Question / Help OBS is not displaying all the Windows in the Capture Window Drop Down Box

AlvinPoh

Hi, I have been using OBS on my Macbook Pro 2017 since last year and everything was fine until a few days ago. I did an upgrade of OBS and things do not seem to work well.

I want to do a screen capture for my keynote presentation. So I at my Source section, I choose Window Capture. However, when I tried to choose the source window, the drop down box doesn't display Keynote or for that matter, all other windows and application that I have opened. It only displays

- Desktop Picture
- Fullscreen backdrop
- OBS
- [windows server] Desktop

Does anyone know how can I get OBS to show all the applications and windows that I have opened?

Thanks for your help

Alvin

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.03.15 AM.png

Narcogen

Include a log file if you have a problem: here's how

Just tested OBS 22.0.3 on High Sierra with Keynote 8.2, so things seem to be OK at least up that far. With OBS dependent on OpenGL being phased out of MacOS in favor of Metal, I expect things to break eventually. It would help to know what version OS you are using, and if there are any errors in your log. Include a session with a complete recording to make sure the log is as complete as possible.