Visionsdivided

Hello, i have been having this problem that obs seems to be forceing my webcam, the c920 into a 4:3 aspect ratio. I have tried a lot of the responses to people on other threads with this issue. Many say to just go to custom and set the res you want but when I do that my webcam always just freezes and doesn’t work. So I am forced at default device.
When i look in the Logitech capture software, it says that it is 720 16:9 and there isn’t really even an option in there for 4:3 only the aforementioned 16:9, 1:1 and, 9:16.
The only way I can get a 16:9 ratio is if I capture the video from the Logitech capture software. Unfortunately, when I do this even with it at its lowest (360p) setting it still takes a decent performance hit when playing demanding games (recently anthem) and the cam lags so the audio is out of sync with my cam. With my game also being bogged down about so it’s not really an option.
now other than above what I have tried is:
Reinstall obs
Reinstall drivers and the Logitech software which is kinda confusing because I think they were automatically installed but there is no real drivers on the Logitech software.
I looked in to the aspect ratio filter but that’s at default and when I go to 16:9 it just looks stretched and awful.
Different USB ports.
That’s all I can currently remember right now. I can create a video about this after work if that will help more but currently on mobile.
Thank you in advance

EDIT: if it matters I have a 2700X 16GB ddr4 ram and a Strix 1080TI