Question / Help OBS for OTA tv recording

helpful55

I have used OBS, what I guess is called OBS classic, occasionally for recording net streams for a couple years with pretty good success. Should I be changing over to Studio or is that something different then what I need this for? And the question that brought me here is OTA tv recording. I use WMC but I would like to do some recording using some kind of format that has smaller files sizes. I believe that the OBS recordings are a smaller file size. So I would like to know if OBS will do this? On my laptop I can see the USB tuner device in Device Selection, but it is not adding it as a source. I would need a way to be able to select the channel I want to record and set a timer for the recording. If I can’t do any of this then it wouldn’t work for me. Is this doable and if so what do I need to do? Is there a guide for this? If OBS wont do this, it seems like there could be some software that would allow this using my pc instead of recording with WMC and having to go back and convert. If I am going to have to do it that way I might as well skip it. Thanks for any help.