Question / Help OBS footage looks fine, but is "corrupted" in Sony Vegas

landontom

2 things, one, I put the quotation marks, because I don't know how to describe it. Two, I put a thread in for Sony Vegas, all they did was give me a work around, but I like the convenience of being able to stream and recording easily.

http://imgur.com/dhGeAx3
dhGeAx3

My footage is all grey, with weird colors around it, I know the footage itself isnt corrupted, because it looks flawless in VLC media player, but when I put it into Sony Vegas it corrupts, which does lead me to believe that it is on the end of Sony Vegas, but I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I wanna be sure.

I don't know what to look for exactly, so below, there are a few pictures on Imgur, that might shed some light.

http://imgur.com/a/Z4i8X

If it is Sony Vegas, ill put in another forum post, try to get more help there, but if it is in OBS then maybe you guys might be able to telling me what is wrong. If you need anything else, just tell me what you need and how to find it.

General Specs:

i5-7600K CPU @3.80GHz

NVidia GTX 1060 6gb

16gb of RAM

2TB HDD

256gb SSD

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Cheers.

*Edit: the Image link doesn't work.*
**Edit: Added Computer Specs**

UPDATE

I switched my recording over to .mkv, just to see what would happened, and nothing changed, I also took some XSplit footage, and it looked just fine. So it has to be OBS

Last edited:

Harold

My footage is all grey, with weird colors around it, I know the footage itself isnt corrupted, because it looks flawless in VLC media player, but when I put it into Sony Vegas it corrupts, which does lead me to believe that it is on the end of Sony Vegas, but I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I wanna be sure.
It is indeed the case that it's vegas being too picky, but saving directly to mp4 is strongly NOT recommended.

landontom

It is indeed the case that it's vegas being too picky, but saving directly to mp4 is strongly NOT recommended.
Well the funny thing is, that it worked FOREVER, even before I got this new PC, it shouldn't just crap out now right?

What should I switch it to?

Also, I don't wanna use FLV, because I cannot use more than one audio track, and I like to mess with my voice and gameplay afterwards. And don't wanna worry about testing it everytime.

landontom

Sorry for the late reply, the moment I need help, my internet and cable get cut out. Great.

But that is in fact what I am dealing with, so I should just switch my lossless quality?

@Suslik V