Question / Help OBS final video output not storing audio in different tracks

H

hiru

I have a problem with the latest version of OBS. In my MIX I have 4 different audio sources:
  • Game
  • Microphone
  • Virtual Audio Cable
The first stores all the 4 sources at once, the second only the second source and the others just like the second (third and forth). Now, once I end recording my video (yes, in MP4) and try playing audio only from a single audio source with VLC I get all the audio sources no matter what source I selected. The audio levels in the OBS mixer are fine because I can easily tell what is capturing what but in the final output file every audio source simply does not work..

I'm using CheVolume to move the game audio source from the default source to a separate Virtual Audio Cable and move the music captured by Chrome from the default source to a second Virtual Audio Cable. What mirrors the audio sources again to the default audio source is VoiceMeeter.

Here's a imgur album that should help you understand the process I'm using: https://imgur.com/a/mgcIo

What am I doing wrong?

edit: if you can not visit imgur right now, here's a spoiler with the album:

LTcS0rE.png

CheVolume moves audio from TF2 (game) to the first Virtual Audio Cable and from Chrome (VAC) to a second Virtual Audio Cable generated by Voice Meeter.

uf5NwBk.png

This is Voice Meeter, the tool I'm using to reflect again the audio from both the Virtual Audio Cable again to my main audio source (my monitor). As first hardware input there is the first Virtual Audio Cable I installed where the game audio is stored and then we have the virtual input (the second virtual audio cable generated by Voice Meeter) that stores audio from Chrome (VAC).

8KV7Lns.png

This is the main window of my OBS. As you can see I have 4 different audio sources in my mixer.

R6B3uM9.png

The first (Desktop Audio) stores all the audio tracks, the second (Desktop Audio 2) stores only the second track (game), the third (Mc/Aux) stores only the third track (microphone) and finally the fourth (Mc/Aux 2) stores only the forth track (VAC).

rHrW8l0.png

Here the different audio outputs the mixer uses for each of the tracks.

oRZth8c.png

Here's the recording tab for my output where you can see I'm using MP4 as container and where the first four tracks are enabled.

NwJzd6v.png

These are the names of each of the tracks that are stored inside the final mp4 file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaymar

Make sure that you have the correct audio tracks selected in the OBS Audio Mixer
obs64_2016-12-26_13-16-43.png

obs64_2016-12-26_13-16-59.png

Edit: I'm currently unable to view imgur links due to my ISP messing things up. If you already did this, sorry my bad.

Another thing that you need to make sure is that you are recording to a format that actually supports more than one audio track.

H

hiru

Make sure that you have the correct audio tracks selected in the OBS Audio Mixer

Another thing that you need to make sure is that you are recording to a format that actually supports more than one audio track.
Yeah, everything is explained in the imgur album but I just moved everything inside a spoiler so you can maybe look at what I already tried..

Edit: I'm currently unable to view imgur links due to my ISP messing things up. If you already did this, sorry my bad.
Tried using a different DNS service? If you already use Google Public DNS addresses ( 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ) try with OpenDNS addresses. OpenDNS is what I use when the main DNS services are down due to high traffic or ddos attacks

EBrito

I think you are misunderstanding how OBS works

You say:
The first (Desktop Audio) stores all the audio tracks, the second (Desktop Audio 2) stores only the second track (game), the third (Mc/Aux) stores only the third track (microphone) and finally the fourth (Mc/Aux 2) stores only the forth track (VAC).
You say this because in mixer you select for desktop audio all 6 audio tracks.

What OBS is doing:
Desktop Audio is recorded in all 6 audio tracks
What OBS dos NOT do:
Collect all 6 audio tracks in Desktop audio

So, what you do:
upload_2016-12-26_13-38-54.png

Mic/Aux2 is recorded in track number 4
Mic/Aux is recorded in track number 3
Desktop Audio 2 is recorded in track number 2
Desktop Audios is recoreded in tracks numer 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

So, listening in VLC you get this:

Listening Audio track 1: you get only Desktop Audio

Listening Audio track 2: you get Desktop Audio + Desktop Audio 2

Listening Audio track 3: you get Desktop Audio + Mic/Aux

Listening Audio track 4: you get Desktop Audio + Mic/Aux 2

Listening Audio track 5: you get only Desktop Audio

Listening Audio track 6: you get only Desktop Audio

So , better do this:

Select in mixer this
upload_2016-12-26_13-44-39.png

Listening to Track 1 you get all audio mixed
And listening to track 2 to 5 you get any of your 4 audios separated.

Last edited:

Xaymar

You have a mistake in your audio mixer configuration, Desktop Audio is being sent to all tracks instead of just the one it should be on.

H

hiru

I think you are misunderstanding how OBS works

You say:
You say this because in mixer you select for desktop audio all 6 audio tracks.

What OBS is doing:
Desktop Audio is recorded in all 6 audio tracks
What OBS dos NOT do:
Collect all 6 audio tracks in Desktop audio

So, what you do:
View attachment 22361

Mic/Aux2 is recorded in track number 4
Mic/Aux is recorded in track number 3
Desktop Audio 2 is recorded in track number 2
Desktop Audios is recoreded in tracks numer 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

So, listening in VLC you get this:

Listening Audio track 1: you get only Desktop Audio

Listening Audio track 2: you get Desktop Audio + Desktop Audio 2

Listening Audio track 3: you get Desktop Audio + Mic/Aux

Listening Audio track 4: you get Desktop Audio + Mic/Aux 2

Listening Audio track 5: you get only Desktop Audio

Listening Audio track 6: you get only Desktop Audio

So , better do this:

Select in mixer this
View attachment 22362

Listenig to Track 1 you get all audio mixed
And listening to track 2 to 5 you get any of your 4 audios separated.

Oh. wow! thanks.. the more you know I guess :D thanks you and Xaymar for helping me!

edit: do you know a software that can handle audio mirroring and virtual audio cables? it is really painful using CheVolume and I'm also looking for an all-in-one solution

H

hiru

Use VoiceMeeter BANANA and their set of Virtual audio cables.
does VoiceMeeter BANANA have a built-in mirroring feature? I need to move audio source from default to the virtual audio cable and again into the default in order to record the audio source as a different source from the entire video source

edit: I have to move Chrome audio source into the first virtual audio cable and again in the default audio output and the Game audio source into the second virtual audio cable and again in the default audio output. CheVolume is too buggy and does not always work (I have problems with Java and WDM)

Last edited by a moderator: