Resource icon

obs-filter-hotkeys 1.0.2

upgradeQ

@soulie Second log did not finished to write data, there is no information about shutting down and there is no "Number of memory leaks" line, how did you close OBS ?

You might try using previous 0.3.1 version which has timeout based hotkey registering logic, however there were problems with it (OBS might not able to start and you must manually delete/rename filter_hotkeys_audio.lua file, if that happens)
Select this version on history page here:

soulie

@soulie Second log did not finished to write data, there is no information about shutting down and there is no "Number of memory leaks" line, how did you close OBS ?

You might try using previous 0.3.1 version which has timeout based hotkey registering logic, however there were problems with it (OBS might not able to start and you must manually delete/rename filter_hotkeys_audio.lua file, if that happens)
Select this version on history page here:
Thanks, man.

I uploaded the last log file (1) and the current log file (2) so that's why it wouldn't have shown the shutting down part on the 2nd log file. This time I have uploaded a log after shutting down on the 2nd session (when the hotkey bindings disappear).

upgradeQ

Did the suggested method worked?

I think you have plugins which conflict with this script, try downloading clean OBS,restart PC then start obs64.exe directly

soulie

Did the suggested method worked?

I think you have plugins which conflict with this script, try downloading clean OBS,restart PC then start obs64.exe directly

OK, so I was able to reproduce the problem on my laptop with a fresh install of OBS. The problem is the script won't work with filters on global audio sources in the Audio Mixer dock.

@upgradeQ Do you think it's possible to get the script working with the global audio sources?

1616704031282.png

TrapperSevenFour

This script is really useful for so many things, thanks for creating it.

I have a game with some info that I would like to hide using the toggle function, but the game does not actually remove the information until the second key press is released. Do you know if it is possible to do something like this with obslua? The first hotkey press toggles a filter on when it is pressed and the second hotkey press toggles it off when it is released?

I started learning Lua to see if I can understand it, but this is my first programming language so it is taking some time.

StrackDrackSDW

Hi! I love this plugin! However, I have a question; Is it possible to do a reverse hold? 3 is hold down a key so it goes from OFF to ON and back to OFF when released, but is it possible to hold ON to OFF? It goes back to ON when key is released.
Thanks again for an awesome plugin!

upgradeQ

This script is really useful for so many things, thanks for creating it.

I have a game with some info that I would like to hide using the toggle function, but the game does not actually remove the information until the second key press is released. Do you know if it is possible to do something like this with obslua? The first hotkey press toggles a filter on when it is pressed and the second hotkey press toggles it off when it is released?

I started learning Lua to see if I can understand it, but this is my first programming language so it is taking some time.
On first hotkey press set to true, on second hotkey press do not set to false while holding, set to false when it is up.
Is that correct ? If so, it should be possible.
Hi! I love this plugin! However, I have a question; Is it possible to do a reverse hold? 3 is hold down a key so it goes from OFF to ON and back to OFF when released, but is it possible to hold ON to OFF? It goes back to ON when key is released.
Thanks again for an awesome plugin!
Yes, edit script in this place

nerd_hunt

Hey, I followed your advice and changed the true and false statements on the code as you showed the previous user, and now this script almost works flawlessly; the only problem I have is the release of the key immediately removes the filter, quicker than the map on the game, showing a glimpse of the map.

I've scoured the internet and have found no viable solutions to this, how can I add a wait of a half second or a second to this script after releasing the key?

I know where to add the code to the script, but lua has no native sleep function and everything I seem to try gives me script error as I've never attempted to use LUA before; are there any workarounds for a slight delay that wont have extreme cpu usage?

awpp

Hiya! Excited to try this but at the moment when I add it as a filter it says "No properties available."
Any way I can get to the settings? (I have already added a filter before it and tried restarting OBS - also I'm using Global audio sources).

awpp

Hiya! Excited to try this but at the moment when I add it as a filter it says "No properties available."
Any way I can get to the settings? (I have already added a filter before it and tried restarting OBS - also I'm using Global audio sources).
NEVERMIND - Think I got it working now, I went to the Hotkey settings in OBS and found the options from your Script there near the top. Seems to be working thanks!

maxotics

Great stuff! THANKS!!! I just used it to turn "Background Remover" on/off because I can't make it scene/group specific (maybe I'm missing something). Either way, I can see myself using this a ton now!!!

I3ordo

i tried it and i liked it ! i did not have to unzip the script into the obs, and put it wherever i chose.
one improvement can be... on the clutter part... i think it could do less clutter on the hotkeys section by having its own section, like 4 entries per filter can create some huge clutter

SAngeli

Hi,
I just learned about this lovely script to add to OBS. I wish to ask a question as I noted something strange: I do not know if I am doing something wrong.

As for install, I copy those two .lua files in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\frontend-tools\scripts
Then, I add them via Tools/Scripts to OBS.

I noticed that when I create a new Sources and add this new script, after removing the source in OBS Settings - Hotkeys I am still able to find trace of the scene with the filters. Is this normal? Should OBS as soon as the sources is deleted remote it from hotkey listing?
So far, it takes two OBS restarts in order to remove it from Settings – Hotkeys listing. Should it not be in real time?

SAngeli

Moreover, I wish to understand why I am unable to assign the same key for 0 and 1 meaning for loading and unloading the filter.
I am able to so in withing OBS.

Teacher Faris

Hi. New user here. I browsed through the web but haven't found the solution to my problem.

I have four filters here. However, when I want to assign hotkeys, I can only find Female and Tiny. The search didn't find the Robot and Giant. I tried restarting OBS but no dice.

1641726453602.png
1641726568628.png

ZLawhead

This script is AMAZING! Thank you for making it! I can't believe that OBS has not had an official release with this function built in. This is a great feature! I only have two critiques...

1 - Why oh WHYYYY does it clear the hotkeys upon restart? I'm sure there's a reason, but I would LOVE to know if there is something (even quirky or complicated) that I can do on my end to preserve the keys until an actual fix is released. For my application of this super helpful script, it is going to be really annoying and tedious to re-add the hotkeys each time the program is launched. I have a total of 8 hotkeys to type in (disable [0] and enable [1] options for 4 different visual filters on a single source - programmed with a multi-action on a stream deck).

2 - The random order that the 0,1,2,3 options for the source(s) show up in the hotkey menu is a little annoying, but I think I'm only annoyed by it because of the first issue I mentioned.

[The second critique matters very little in comparison to the first. I just wanted to offer thorough feedback.]

ZLawhead

This script is AMAZING! Thank you for making it! I can't believe that OBS has not had an official release with this function built in. This is a great feature! I only have two critiques...

1 - Why oh WHYYYY does it clear the hotkeys upon restart? I'm sure there's a reason, but I would LOVE to know if there is something (even quirky or complicated) that I can do on my end to preserve the keys until an actual fix is released. For my application of this super helpful script, it is going to be really annoying and tedious to re-add the hotkeys each time the program is launched. I have a total of 8 hotkeys to type in (disable [0] and enable [1] options for 4 different visual filters on a single source - programmed with a multi-action on a stream deck).

2 - The random order that the 0,1,2,3 options for the source(s) show up in the hotkey menu is a little annoying, but I think I'm only annoyed by it because of the first issue I mentioned.

[The second critique matters very little in comparison to the first. I just wanted to offer thorough feedback.]
Adding onto this to say that I noticed the hotkeys do occasionally 'stick'/persist through restarting OBS. However, I can't produce that result consistently enough to prove that when they do reset it is anything other than random. Maybe you have more info/insight? Looking forwarding to a response!