Question / Help OBS echoes or doesn't give sound at all when streaming?

lmkimo

Hi, i downloaded OBS for streaming on twitch, and for some reason if I have both desktop and mic/aux on, my stream echoes horribly. In order to get rid of the echo, i have to turn off the desktop audio, but then my stream can only hear me and not my game. If I leave desktop audio on by itself, then there's still echo and sometimes I even get terrible mic feedback that kills my ears. I have no idea how to fix this, I've tried everything humanely possible to get OBS to stream sound normally for me but it just can't. It's not my computer, because I have a friend with the same exact computer as me whose audio comes out crystal clear. My aux mic is built into my webcam, a C922 ProStream Webcam. All of my audio settings as of now are disabled minus my mic/aux, which is the webcam. I even went into my computer sound settings and have my headset I used, a Turtle Beach 50x I believe (with no mic attached), to listen which someone recommended in an old thread. I would really like to get this fixed at some point so I can properly stream, does anyone have any idea how to make it better?

If you need an example of the echo, there should be an archived video on my twitch where you can hear it happening as I'm streaming that I kept up just for this thread. Please help if you can!!!

Narcogen

Sounds like you have audio monitoring on (settings > advanced) and the output is going to your system default, meaning all audio is repeated.

Either turn monitoring off for each device in Edit > Advanced Audio Properties, set your monitoring for a different device, if you have one, in Settings > Advanced, or install 3rd party software like Voicemeeter Banana which will replace your system default audio output and give you a virtual output you can use as your OBS monitoring device.

You may also find it easier to troubleshoot audio if you disable all devices in Settings > Audio, and then explicitly add only the audio sources you want to your scene(s) in the Source pane.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Voicemeeter Banana - Audio Management for 1 and 2 PC Streaming ...https://obsproject.com › Resources › Guides (General)