Bug Report OBS crashes whenever i use replay buffer and play a game

Duckers

It crashes way too often when i use replay buffer and start a game or even when doing web browsing.

Using the intel HD630 to encode for OBS while my rtx 2080 is strictly for games.

Attachments

• 2020-05-03 00-09-29.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 29

carlmmii

The nvenc encoder is separate silicon on the die dedicated for encoding only, and should have minimal impact on overall performance if set up correctly. (it also happens to be one of the best quality encoders available right now)

Switch to the nvenc encoder and post a log of a recording session with it, and we can help address any issues you are experiencing.

Duckers

The nvenc encoder is separate silicon on the die dedicated for encoding only, and should have minimal impact on overall performance if set up correctly. (it also happens to be one of the best quality encoders available right now)

Switch to the nvenc encoder and post a log of a recording session with it, and we can help address any issues you are experiencing.

After i got 2080, it uses game performance as well for some reasonm. At least on twitch. So i don't use nvenc for other than shadowplay. When i last streamed with nvenc with obs, i had to lower graphics and cap to 60 fps enough for 80% gpu usage to not kill the stream stability. Now i use intel quicksync to encode with for streams, but it still uses video encoding when using virtualcam plugin for discord. And that apparently screws up camera feed framerate.

With my 1080, i had no issues. And it had 2 nvenc cores.