Question / Help OBS CRASH MAC "Failed to find locale/en-US.ini"

RatMan666

I am experiencing OBS CRASH MAC "Failed to find locale/en-US.ini" NEED HELP ASAP

I've kept reinstalling OBS over and over again and nothing will work ... Please Help

PASTE --> https://pastebin.com/ZnUgBJaU <---

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-26 16.11.19.png
    Screenshot 2017-04-26 16.11.19.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 725
have the same issue here. crash dump attached.

I just helped one of our students today (04-28-2017) with the same issue. Her log is almost identical to yours.

Here is what I had her do to resolve her issue:

1. Delete the OBS Application (if you still have it installed). Also delete the settings/application support files:
- go to Finder, click the Go menu, then "Go to Folder…"
- type in: ~/Library/Application Support
- find the "obs-studio" folder and delete it
-empty trash bin and restart mac
-download OBS again and install it

Run OBS as root after re-installing:
- open Terminal.app (in /Applications/Utilities)
- run OBS by typing this command:
sudo /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS (please note that the only space is between sudo and /Applications) then hit enter (you might have to type your password) if so, input password and hit enter (password will not show when you type it in Terminal so don't worry if you type and don't see anything)
- agree to the license, then quit OBS
- try opening it normally again

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

pkv

Developer
@Danya post your log plus crash log ; the fix is that given above though (the bug is due to some issue with old settings when one reinstalls; the exact reason is still being investigated)

dibs

After experimenting with VST plugins yesterday to get an EQ on my audio, I found I had the exact same issue this morning upon trying to open OBS. I first went to ~/Library/Application Support and backed everything up (to desktop), then deleted the obs-studio folder. After this I re-launched OBS, it worked fine and rebuilt the folder. I swapped out the different settings files until I found the offender. In my case it was basic > scene > Untitled.json

After some trial and error I was able to get obs to start, went into filters and deleted the VST, now all is well. Don't know if it was an issue with the plugins or OBS's handling of VST - but with the two free EQ plugins I tried yesterday, both of them had glitch issues in displaying the GUI.

ichi

Me too.
Crash when enabling the vst plugin.
After the crash, the message "Failed to find locale / en-US.ini" appears.
OBS can not be started unless the scene file is deleted or restored.
The bug has not been fixed. (v22.0.1)

[Additional notes]
It was fixed in v22.0.2

Last edited:

travesdy

I'm now having this issue in V22.0.3 but only when I try to open the settings it just says "Could not find locale.ini path"

Attachments

• OBS_crash.txt
    96.6 KB · Views: 254

sachaevents

Hello I Have the same problem when i start OBS normally it's crash and when i relaunch it says unable to locate etc... i did all the things explained before and it still crash at normal open how can i reset all the settings please ?
thank you

Attachments

• Process: obs [1187].pdf
    191.1 KB · Views: 165

MKast

Hi Guys,

I try your recommendation about OBS, it lunch it with TERMINAL but not in Normal.

I already send a report to APPLE about it, I think it4s about an APPLE Plugnin. I have to confirm this with the support.

realityworks

This is still happening on version 24.0.2. OBS! Get it together! If you need some Mac Developers to sort this out I can help, you can reach me via PM. Please sort this out! There are a lot of potential users on Mac.

Get it together!!!

Ross Gile

Yea - I'm having the same problems which started after I upgraded my Mac to Catalina. I uninstalled it and deleted that OBS settings folder. (Now I lost all my OBS settings, shezzz).

My solution: Run OBS on my Mac via Windows/Parallels. I'm back in business! It's not ideal - but at least I can start creating videos again.

Last edited:

KYM VUODS

I just helped one of our students today (04-28-2017) with the same issue. Her log is almost identical to yours.

Here is what I had her do to resolve her issue:

1. Delete the OBS Application (if you still have it installed). Also delete the settings/application support files:
- go to Finder, click the Go menu, then "Go to Folder…"
- type in: ~/Library/Application Support
- find the "obs-studio" folder and delete it
-empty trash bin and restart mac
-download OBS again and install it

Run OBS as root after re-installing:
- open Terminal.app (in /Applications/Utilities)
- run OBS by typing this command:
sudo /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS (please note that the only space is between sudo and /Applications) then hit enter (you might have to type your password) if so, input password and hit enter (password will not show when you type it in Terminal so don't worry if you type and don't see anything)
- agree to the license, then quit OBS
- try opening it normally again

I hope this helps.

Very usefull ! Thanks !

Dmitry Shpurik

Nothing works. Always same message:
info: Using preferred locale 'ru-RU'

info: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz

info: CPU Speed: 2500MHz

info: Physical Cores: 4, Logical Cores: 4

info: Physical Memory: 8192MB Total

info: OS Name: Mac OS X (NSMACHOperatingSystem)

info: OS Version: Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010)

info: Kernel Version: 15.6.0

info: hotkeys-cocoa: Using layout 'com.apple.keylayout.ABC'

info: Portable mode: false

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_advAudioProps_clicked()

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_advAudioProps_destroyed()

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_program_customContextMenuRequested(QPoint)

info: OBS 24.0.2-modified (mac)

info: ---------------------------------

info: audio settings reset:

samples per sec: 44100

speakers: 2

info: Initializing OpenGL...

info: Loading up OpenGL on adapter ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6750M OpenGL Engine

info: OpenGL loaded successfully, version 4.1 ATI-1.42.15, shading language 4.10

info: video settings reset:

base resolution: 1920x1080

output resolution: 1280x720

downscale filter: Bicubic

fps: 30/1

format: NV12

YUV mode: 601/Partial

info: NV12 texture support not available

info: Audio monitoring device:

name: По умолчанию

id: default

warning: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.so'

error: os_dlopen(libpython3.6m.dylib->libpython3.6m.dylib): dlopen(libpython3.6m.dylib, 257): image not found

warning: [Python] Could not load library: libpython3.6m.dylib

2019-12-06 22:11:00.107 obs[730:21952] alloc

2019-12-06 22:11:00.107 obs[730:21952] query 2

2019-12-06 22:11:00.107 obs[730:21952] release 2

2019-12-06 22:11:00.107 obs[730:21952] ** MyPlugInitializeWithObjectID

2019-12-06 22:11:00.107 obs[730:21952] init

2019-12-06 22:11:00.108 obs[730:21952] MyPlugObjectSetPropertyData

Narcogen

Guessing 10.11 is too old to run the latest. Either downgrade OBS or upgrade MacOS to Sierra or High Sierra.

KJzin

Hi guys,

I am completely new to this, like, completely new to OBS. I ran into this problem as well but I think I just found a fix...