Free OBS Classic to obs-studio scene converter [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney

Forum Moderator
Rodney submitted a new resource:

OBS Classic to obs-studio scene converter - OBS Classic to obs-studio scene convterter

I made this as an aid for people holding off switching from classic to studio because they don't want to redo their scenes.

Web based version: http://obs-converter.rodney.io/
Standalone executable: soon™

Note: Your scenes do not contain any sensitive information (i.e. stream keys) and are only saved for 5 minutes for you to download. After that the files will be permanently deleted from the machine.

I know the website is kinda terrible. Please excuse...

Read more about this resource...

Rodney

Forum Moderator
Rodney updated OBS Classic to obs-studio scene converter with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.2-ish

Short summary of the recent changes:
  • Fixed global browser sources causing a crash because of its settings not being read correctly
  • Fixed parser crash on empty scenes (empty scnes are now ignored/skipped)
  • Fixed error logging (server side)
  • Added checkbox to allow files that failed to convert to be saved for easier debugging
    • And then fixed that :X
  • Fixed error redirect
  • Fixed files not being deleted after 5 minutes
  • Removed some leftover debug code...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BigJon

Is there anyway to add support for larger scene files? I'm someone who has tons of layouts and what not and wanted to convery my 10Mb file, but got "entity too large" thanks in advance for this tool!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Is there anyway to add support for larger scene files? I'm someone who has tons of layouts and what not and wanted to convery my 10Mb file, but got "entity too large" thanks in advance for this tool!
If you are who I think you are, then yes, you have tons of layouts. Also, hi! XD

Regardless... I tested this, and hit the same error you did. Seems like something that can be fixed in the server's config (Nginx). I am also keenly interesting in this converter (I had planned to work on a Classic->Studio converter at some point). I'm sure this is an easy fix for @Rodney, so long as there isn't some higher limitation in place (webhost, data plan, etc.). If there is some higher limit, then having the converter accept compressed versions (zip/7z) of scenes.xconfig would probably work. I'll check in with him on this.

Rodney

Forum Moderator
@BigJon Ah yeah that's just a 1 MB limit on the server, I bumped it up a bit so it should work now., though that must be a *really* large file and it might fail.

I haven't had much time for this lately so there are some smaller issues that might happen.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@BigJon Ah yeah that's just a 1 MB limit on the server, I bumped it up a bit so it should work now., though that must be a *really* large file and it might fail.

I haven't had much time for this lately so there are some smaller issues that might happen.
@Rodney
If you're looking for help on this, my main development focus is backend web-dev (mostly DB and PHP stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.