Question / Help OBS changing Full HD Resolution.

StevenY628

I am using a camcorder with full HD output at 1920x1080p, through a HornetTek HT-VC01 which is also 1920x1080p. In OBS, I am using the source "Video Capture Device" and it is pulling the video in as 1920x540. HELP. Under Source properties, I've changed Resolultion/FPS Type from Device Default to Custom and the only resolution that it allows is 1920x540. Under Settings --> Video the Base Resolution is set to 1920x1080p and the output resolution is set to 1920x1080, but everything is showing displaying at 1920x540, so everything is half height making people look twice as wide. What do I need to change to make the screen look like reality? HELP. Thanks in advance.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That's a 1080i resolution. Check your camera is really set to progressive, or if it's simply outputting interlaced as progressive, stretch the source to fit.

StevenY628

SOLVED: Thanks for your recommendation, but I knew from trying it in VLC that it was coming into the laptop as 1920x1080, so there had to be a setting in OBS. I found that if I right clicked on the Video Capture Device Source, put my cursor over Transform, then clicked on Edit Transform, I could change the height (second number beside the word Size) and double it to make the aspect ratio correct. This worked for me. Thanks again.