Question / Help OBS causes CPU issues, I7-7700k 4.8ghz - 100% usage when idle/streaming

Neca

Hello fellow Streamers and/or Stream watchers, I have today decided to get back to Streaming after a month break due to Sound errors and Bluescreens i had earlier which stopped me from streaming.

After having that fixed I have today tried to attempt a stream after 7hours + of preparing to make this work with detailing for several games etc.

BUT, the issue here isn't what i spent my time on, it's the software itself, OBS-Studio 64bit.
I bought myself a great computer late July to be able to play AA+ games and Stream them as well, and so far i had no problems doing so.

Before I launch the software, cpu loads between 2-19% of usage with Grim dawn in the background (not a heavy ARPG game) and other softwares to assist OBS for a proper Stream event.
But when I launch OBS, doesn't even have to stream, record or so, my CPU seem to run at 95-100% usage.

I have been trying to search throughout the web and forums for some answers but I can't think of a better answer than asking directly myself and get a thread up'n'running.

I may have overdid with the uploads of logs but I'd like to share as much info as possible of this situation to find a solution.

Specs:
Asus Maximus IX Hero
Intel I7-7700K kaby lake 4.2ghz (oc. 4.8)
Corsair Vengeance 32g 3000mhz
Zotac Geforce GTX Extreme! Amp 1080 Ti
Corsair HX850, 850W Platinum PSU

Did not include SSD's and HDD's on purpose as i do not see the reason of adding them to the list.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2017-11-26 09-05-14.txt
    30.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 2017-11-26 02-30-28.txt
    22 KB · Views: 27
  • 2017-11-26 09-35-42.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2017-11-26 09-24-08.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2017-11-26 09-39-46.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2017-11-26 09-28-54.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2017-11-26 08-53-32.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 29

Neca

Forgot to add that I have not tested OBS Before i updated today before I attempted to stream, which i read on some other threads could be the issue.

Neca

For those who HAD or HAVE the same issue, I may have found the solution for this issue.

It was not the OBS-Studio Software's fault nor the CPU, it was the SOURCES that was created for the stream itself.

Having scenes with mass created / linked animated scenes such as (I use Streamelements.com overlays) Animated overlay for PlayerUnknown's Battleground with all it's linked in group for BRB, Stream starting, ending, cam only with stream chat and gameplay affects this massively, especially if you got several.

I had added two scenes in this case which was for Destiny 2 and Pubg, each of them had 5 different sources for its use and both groups had animated setup originally made by the Streamelements.com's group/forum.

Removing the unnecessary ones will reduce a great amount of CPU usage when OBS is Idle, Streaming or Recording.
The Sources must be deleted, can't just be unchecked for this to work so make sure your unused and less important sources for your stream are removed for appropriate stream quality.

You can also go into Overlay editor (if have streampro.io, streamelements.com or so) and delete the unnecessary animation you don't need/want to decrease CPU usage.

So in my case i have 5 Scenes, but they all serve for one purpose with one single overlay source each and now it's fine.

For those who's been searching for an answer for me but couldn't think of this as an answer, I can't blame you for that since i was wondering why it just happened but I am greatly thankful for your time if you did try to find an answer before answering this thread and I'm also sorry for wasting your time as I am the blame for wasting your time.

as i mentioned above, For those who had or have this issue, search around your sources, scenes and so on and you may find an answer.