Bug Report OBS Audio Keeps Looping Over Itself

TychoVII

Hi I'm new here and new to OBS, and it's awesome, except I cannot seem to get the audio to work properly. Shortly after beginning to stream, the audio will begin to loop over itself over and over until it's a jumbled mess. I'm not watching the stream on the same computer that I'm casting it from and I even disabled my mic to make sure it wasn't that. It won't stop doing it until several seconds after I mute the audio stream.

I did some google searches and some searches on this forum but I didn't see anybody having the same problem, although my friend is having the same issue too so I'm guessing I'm just doing something stupid. Any suggestions?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hm, that sounds rather strange. May I ask what sound card if any you're using? This might be fixable by using the windows sound mixer and muting the process itself in the mixer list, though I haven't tried it to see if it'll affect the stream output

TychoVII

It's working now and I don't think I did anything special other than restart my computer. I muted OBS in the sound mixer and there was no audio streaming at all until I unmuted it.

My friend just tried restarting too and it seemed to work for him as well, so maybe that's all there was to it?

Athaelan

I have this exact problem. While I too can fix it so that I can use my mic properly without it looping, the muting makes it impossible for other soudns like music to come through. :S

Would love to get any possible ideas on how to fix this (or get it fixed hehe)! ^^

TychoVII

Yeah I just discovered that the problem still persists with my microphone audio. Desktop audio is still working though.

changen

I also have this issue

I am viewing my own stream and there is a loop and it does not stop. If i mute the app through sound mixer, the stream will stop playing sound.

I do not know if i dont view my stream that the looping will stop

FIXED: YOU CANT PLAY YOUR OWN STREAM WHILE YOU ARE STREAMING. YOU MUST CLOSE YOUR STREAM AND WATCH IT FROM A DIFFERENT COMPUTER TO CHECK, I BELIEVE THIS WILL SOLVE THE LOOPING

Mute your own stream while watching (put the flashplayers sound to Zero) This isn't a bug it's standard when streaming.

TychoVII

changen said:
I also have this issue
FIXED: YOU CANT PLAY YOUR OWN STREAM WHILE YOU ARE STREAMING. YOU MUST CLOSE YOUR STREAM AND WATCH IT FROM A DIFFERENT COMPUTER TO CHECK, I BELIEVE THIS WILL SOLVE THE LOOPING

I was not viewing the stream from the same computer I was casting from and it still did it for me.

The problem has come back and it seems kind of random as to when it happens. Sometimes I can get it to stop and I'm not sure exactly what I did.

I am having a similar problem. I am using OBS to record gameplay footage for YouTube. My audio works fine at first, but somewhere in the middle of recording (it's been around 13 minutes in tonight) the audio starts echoing. The game audio doesn't loop, but it's my microphone that is having the issue. I can post a small snippet of the video to a private link in YouTube if you need to hear it. I am using on board sound, with a Logitech C650 webcam for my video and audio in. I anm not streaming, and I am using headphones to try to fix the problem, but it's not a picking up the stream issue. I am simply writing to my disk. I can post images of my settings if you want, too. Please help!

Zachary Carter

I had the same problem I think I fixed it?
I found that in my sound mixer there was two "devices" one was speakers one was realtek digital output.
the realtek option also had a OBS application giving it audio, I muted that OBS and the looping stopped, for now.
I'll post again if it starts looping again.