Question / Help No Sound When Facebook Live Recorded File

Dr.Aaron

Hey all
I am not a noob when it comes to Forums or software, Ive searched extensively and found nothing of value with regards to fixing a no sound issue on pre-recorded video broadcast as facebook live

I downloaded software, established stream keys, got it to sync with facebook, tested live broadcast, everything works EXCEPT THERE IS NO DAMN SOUND when you watch the live stream (or when you watch it via OBS software)

The it is a video file that is in .mp4 format and has perfect sound in ALL video players on my mac

Can someone (is there an admin who has all the answers) tell me why there is no sound when I use OBS to stream a pre-recorded video that has sound to facebook live?

Notes (see image below)
1. The Mixer for "media source" is "moving/bouncing" as if sound is intrepreted in OBS software.
2. I have "muted" Mic/Aux so as to not have my mic be pushing sound

any answers here?
Screen_Shot_2017_02_26_at_11_43_04_PM.png

Narcogen

As far as I know, the media source is a video source only.

Better to play the file you want in a media player and capture that app's output (and then capture the video from the player as you would normally).

Dr.Aaron

Ok so I split the source into two files
1. pure video no audio
2. pure audio no video

in my opening scene I added two media sources: the video then the audio. Synced the key, hit live - same issue

In a method to see if the video would at least go up (since the audio always seems to work smooth) i just broadcasted the video feed (no audio)

It trips left and right. Im running a Macbook Pro 8GB ram 2.7 intel i5 (mid 2015) laptop. I doubt its the laptop????

Can anyone comment on why the video "lags" but the audio is smooth and how do I get the video to match the audio when taking a pre-recorded clip that plays fine locally on all players (QuickTime, vlc etc) but won't play smooth in the stream!!

I feel like I'm so close but yet so far away!