Question / Help No sound on XCAPTURE-1

narshe

I think I must be doing something wrong. When I use Video Keeper 2, the app that comes with the XCAPTURE-1, the sound is there. When I add the XCAPTURE-1 as a video capture device, I get the picture, but there is no sound in the mixer. In properties -> configure video, I have the video input set to 1/HDMI, and the audio input set to 1/EMBEDDED AUDIO.

Here is the log file. https://gist.github.com/0fee03827c8b815b71a1

Atsou

Right click on your X-Capture-1 source. Go into Properties. Scroll down to Audio Output Mode, and select Output desktop audio (WaveOut). After that, tick mark Use custom audio device, and select your capture card.

narshe

That worked. The sound isn't showing up in the mixer anywhere though. How do I get it to show in the mixer? Or at least change the level of the volume?

narshe

I've been using old OBS but would like to get studio working now. I have the latest version installed. The audio still isn't working for me.

For "Audio Input Capture" I only have microphones available. My Yeti and my webcam are what show up.

For "Audio Output Capture" I only have speakers available. 3 of them are my computer speakers and one is the yeti.

For game properties, I have "Audio Output Mode" set as "Capture audio only". The other 2 options are desktop audio. I checked "Use custom audio device". I have my XCAPTURE-1 set as the "Audio device". The name is "CY3014 USB, Analog 02 WaveIn".

The video works fine and is device "CY3014 USB, Analog 01 Capture".

I have the latest drivers installed for the capture card which came out 12/15/2016.

I would really like to use studio. I like the new interface and things seem to be easier to configure.

Thanks.

narshe

I installed Virtual Audio Cable to try and see if I could pull in audio that way. It doesn't show up under the MME repeater, but does under KS. There is something with the driver that makes it not show as an audio source. The old OBS works fine, so whatever was being done there isn't being done in the new one to allow it to work. The VAC KS repeater hard crashed my computer when trying to use it with OBS, so no luck there.

I did get it working though. I randomly remembered that Micomsoft supplies the hardware for the StarTech capture cards. Someone had mentioned that in JP they might do things a little differently with their drivers, so I installed the StarTech drivers instead, since they're meant for US. The drivers recognize the capture device and it actually shows up as an audio source now. I'm able to do everything in OBS as expected now.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.