Question / Help No Sound from Elgato HD 60 S

ArcusM

I had been using my Elgato HD 60 S to capture game footage and sound from my PS4. I got a new computer, similar specs but upgraded. Now when I go to add the Elgato HD 60 S source it only shows Elgato HD 60 S (#01 Video) and when I use that source, it has no sound. Doesn't seem to matter if I tell the source to output to desktop or go to the mixer and chose to monitor the source, either way no sound. I tried to uninstall and re-install the drives for the Elgato but this didn't resolve it. I also went to the device manager and tried to update the drivers there. If I use the Game Capture software from Elgato, it does capture sound, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this?

I'm running Windows 10
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

joeaugustine

I had been using my Elgato HD 60 S to capture game footage and sound from my PS4. I got a new computer, similar specs but upgraded. Now when I go to add the Elgato HD 60 S source it only shows Elgato HD 60 S (#01 Video) and when I use that source, it has no sound. Doesn't seem to matter if I tell the source to output to desktop or go to the mixer and chose to monitor the source, either way, no sound. I tried to uninstall and re-install the drives for the Elgato but this didn't resolve it. I also went to the device manager and tried to update the drivers there. If I use the Game Capture software from Elgato, it does capture sound, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this?

I'm running Windows 10
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

I'm having the same exact issue with my Elgato HD 60 S. Can someone please help us.

ArcusM

Under The Elgato Properties Tick The Box "Use custom audio source" select Elgato HD 60 S (#01 Audio)
That was not an option under the custom audio source. However, I did re-install the Elgato capture software. That seemed to fix it. That might help you too joeaugustine.