Question / Help No Disk in D Drive??

Jimmy7997

Hello, every time I attempt to open OBS Studio, the application tells me there is no disk inserted in the D Drive and the app closes down automatically. Therefore, I cannot grab any of my logs which is why I'm having some difficulty. I was streaming yesterday just fine and now it's having issues.

bilehazard

Its prob grabbing something from a location you designated during your last stream, and forgot, and now every time you open it, it'll try that location again. Either whatever HDD you had OBS installed on, went bad, or there might be a cable loose or bad. Also try reinstalling OBS on the same drive it was on.

TigerhawkT3

I'm now running into this problem too.

Yesterday, I put a DVD into my computer's optical drive to capture a few seconds of video. Now, whenever I start up OBS Studio and there's no disc in that DVD drive, it pops up this error message complaining that there's nothing in the drive. I have already removed the window capture source capturing the DVD player software. I have tried putting the disc in the drive, starting OBS, adding the source, removing the source, and closing OBS in various orders and haven't hit upon a combination that works. The error dialog goes away and OBS starts if I choose "continue" or "cancel" - it's only "retry" that prevents OBS from opening until if finds something in the drive. Still, I'd rather not see this error message multiple times a day.

I was surprised at this because OBS gracefully handles window sources that aren't running, cameras that aren't plugged in, and so on, and yet complains about a DVD drive that once had a disc in it and was connected to a source it was once told to capture. How can I tell OBS to stop doing this? Is there some file I can edit? I already tried installing an updated version of OBS, but it's still looking for a disc in the drive. I suspect this would be solved by a clean install of OBS, but I have many scenes and sources and I really don't want to wipe everything.

TigerhawkT3

OBS now opens with no error message, with no changes to my system. I like that, but I'm also confused - what is happening here? Why would it display the same behavior when I upgrade/open/close/etc., but then do something different after just waiting a few hours?

lancer240

i have the same (or similiar issue). Every time i click the launch icon a popup is displayed "obs32,3exe No Disk. There is no disk in hte drive. Please insert a disk into drive D. I'll click continue and OBS Studio launches. I just dont know why it is looking for a disk in Drive D. i donwloaded and installed OBS to my C drive.

Bike Vision

New to this technology on my PC, downloaded OBS Studio and have the same issue as you guys with the "NO DISK IN DRIVE :D" error message... Just hope the message goes away, as was experienced with Tigerhawk T3.

Suslik V

This is Windows message, not OBS Studio's one. Same thread, screenshot: Crazy "No Disk" Error or Webcam not displaying, Crash upon close, and No disk error

Maybe it's sandbox or ram drive of the security software you are running and until source is trusted it unavailable for the system. I have no other thoughts by now. Try to put OBS Studio folder to the security trust list (or temporary disable your security software), switch off OneDrive. Anyway, this is system related error and for some users it may gone by itself.

myohmyke

I'm getting this error message in OBS Studio on Windows 7. No OneDrive. Started this evening.

I burned an Audio CD today. I *might* have, *possibly*, opened OBS while that burned CD was still in the disc drive. But I haven't even streamed or recorded today. I didn't even modify any of my layouts.

But now, I get the Windows Error Message that there is no disc in drive D:, Retry/Cancel/Continue.

The only connection OBS Studio could possibly have had to my CD Drive is that my layout opens a text file that contains the track Foobar is playing, and Foobar was last playing a track on the CD. But FooBar was closed when I opened OBS (so it should have been set to "FooBar Is Off" or whatever), and even if it did...OBS points to the text file, not the disc. Got the error message when I had FooBar play something else, too.

Suslik V

I'm getting this error message in OBS Studio on Windows 7. No OneDrive. Started this evening.

I burned an Audio CD today. I *might* have, *possibly*, opened OBS while that burned CD was still in the disc drive. But I haven't even streamed or recorded today. I didn't even modify any of my layouts.

But now, I get the Windows Error Message that there is no disc in drive D:, Retry/Cancel/Continue.

The only connection OBS Studio could possibly have had to my CD Drive is that my layout opens a text file that contains the track Foobar is playing, and Foobar was last playing a track on the CD. But FooBar was closed when I opened OBS (so it should have been set to "FooBar Is Off" or whatever), and even if it did...OBS points to the text file, not the disc. Got the error message when I had FooBar play something else, too.
Audio CD? Auto play functions of the Windows is ON (the action select window when you insert new disk in the drive)?

myohmyke

Yes, it is, but I'm not sure how that applies now that there's no disc in the drive, and OBS isn't drawing anything from the optical drive.

ZerofeniX

I don't mean to revive a dead thread but seeing as I have started encountering this issue I'd like to mention that something interesting happened. It seems to be related to Nvidia because I had the exact same message pop up but the application that executed the alert was "NVIDIA Web Helper.exe" it appears an nvidia library is barfing when you insert removable media and remove it. I had plugged in a flash drive and an SD card, neither of which did anything to OBS but now both of these applications are seeing errors as a result.