Question / Help No audio?

EnviousGames

Hello there, I'm a new user to OBS Studio and I selected my microphone in the "Mic/Auxiliary Device", when I tested OBS Studio out, I figured out that there was no audio at all, I updated my audio drivers, I replugged my Blue Yeti, I checked if it wasn't on mute, I looked in the Sound category in the Control Panel. Nothing worked! I don't want to get Audacity either because that slows down my computer way too much while I'm recording a game or streaming a game. May somebody show me a fix to this issue? Thanks!
- EnviousGames.

Attachments

• 2016-07-01 17-34-40.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 8

Suslik V

1. Try to create new Scene Collection.
If not helped then try OBS Studio in portable mode in different folder: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-and-obs-studio-portable-mode-on-windows.359/ and post log from this attempt.
2. Check, is the OBS Studio's volume level bar 'dancing' green when you speak?
3. Try VLC player on playback.

Some info about Studio and setups you can find in OBS Studio Help Guide: https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ware-studio-multiplatform-help-guide-pdf.365/

Later you may interested in this info: Odd Microphone Feedback Issues ONLY in Multiplatform, not in Classic and many other on this forum (search for "Blue Yeti").

EnviousGames

1. I tried creating a new Scene Collection and that didn't help it at all.
I tried getting OBS Studio in portable mode, but it kept on crashing.
2. Yes, the volume level bar is "dancing" green when I speak.
3. VLC player didn't help it at all?

EnviousGames

"
17:34:42.635: Loading module: coreaudio-encoder.dll
17:34:42.642: [CoreAudio encoder]: Failed loading library 'CoreAudioToolbox.dll'
17:34:42.643: [CoreAudio encoder]: Couldn't load CoreAudio AAC encoder"
Seems like it couldn't load the AAC encoder?

How are you checking the audio? If you are playing back in Windows Media Player then you won't hear audio because Windows does not have the right codecs, try VLC from videloan.org. The error you pasted is normal so not related to your issue.

Suslik V

Where is your new log? Because the last one has Scene Collection pathfinding issues.

Last edited:
Can you post the version that works please, it'll be useful to test.

@Suslik V sorry I wasn't paying attention when I responded to this, I should have known you'd ask about VLC :-)