Bug Report NFS Shift 2 Trouble

grester

In v0.591b I'm having trouble recording Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed. At first I've tried the recommend way using game capture with game on fullscreen. On menus it's fine however once the game goes into an actual race the source goes into black and white squares, sort of renderer incompatibility. (You can see by yourself HERE)

So I've tried the not so recommended way using window mode with game on windowed mode. Just like before the menus are fine however once in an actual race after some time OBS freezes, it manages to capture some seconds (if any at all) but then freezes, both game and webcam for example. This seems because it's when the game is demanding more from the PC. (You can see by yourself HERE)

Does anyone have any idea? I'm posting logfiles for both modes.

Note: Ignore the audio desync, that's another problem I've already made a topic for without any success fixing it. Topic HERE.

Attachments

• FullscreenMode.log
    9.3 KB · Views: 89
  • WindowedMode.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 51

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
In terms of performance, window capture is little bit inferior to game capture on windows 7, but usually it still at least captures to some extent. I can't help but feel like there might be some system issue going on or something.

Are you overclocking at all? I can't help but feel like there's some link between this particular issue and the fact that you're having a desktop sound timing issue. Desktop sound desync almost never happens under normal circumstances, and when it does, it's almost always indicative of something wrong with the system or bios/clock settings, but it's still only a guess at this point.

grester

Actually... very odd but I'll try. ASUS has on its BIOS a few pre-made setups for energy consumption and performance. I do have the higher one. I'll try put it back to normal and see what it does.
...Meanwhile...
Nope, sound still desync.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
MrBr1ghtsid3 - with this game? If possible, please be as specific as possible about what problem you're having, and if it's with a particular game or not. Also, include a log as well.

Mr_AshleyHearst

hello MrBr1ghtsid3 im getting the 100% exact same problem and can not find out why either just so you no your not alone on this one :)

vbdkv

hello MrBr1ghtsid3 im getting the 100% exact same problem and can not find out why either just so you no your not alone on this one :)
Use window capture, that's the only way you'll be able to capture gameplay in this game. It's not going to be perfect performance wise, but at least you'll be able to capture something :) This was recorded using OBS window capture using Windows 7 64bit [1080p, 60fps, downscaled to 720p]. Just a test, dont mind the horrible keyboard driving :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtT-DppTyUo