Question / Help Need help setting up multiple audio tracks.

xechodrewx

I've been trying to figure out recording with multiple audio tracks for a while now. However, OBS only records the highest number track across multiple tracks. For example, I have my mic setup on track 2, and my desktop audio on track 1. Despite registering both sounds in OBS it will only record my mic across both audio tracks. Which means when I open up my video editing software I end up with 2 tracks of my voice and no in-game audio. I've attached pictures of my settings below, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• OBS Adv Audio.PNG
    OBS Adv Audio.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 36
  • OBS Audio.PNG
    OBS Audio.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 38
  • OBS Output Audio.PNG
    OBS Output Audio.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 36
  • OBS Output Recording.PNG
    OBS Output Recording.PNG
    75.9 KB · Views: 33
  • OBS Video.PNG
    OBS Video.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 32

xechodrewx

Ok, when I watch the video in VLC I can sort between the two audio tracks, and they do appear to correct. However, when I import the file into my Video software (in this case Lightworks) I can only hear one audio track.

The problem has to do with the fact that I am saving my file in an mp4 and video software gets confused and ends of replicating my audio onto track 2 when I import I have to remove the audio and import it independently.

Harold

Don't save directly to mp4 from OBS. Save to MKV.

And lightworks only importing one audio track is a lightworks problem and not an obs problem.