Question / Help Mysterious frame drops and subsequent audio desync

BeeKaaaay

Hi.

I stream SNES games using an Analogue Super NT. I play on a second monitor using the passthrough on my Elgato HD60 Pro. Twice in the past week, after 1.5-2 hours into the stream, the stream *and* local recording dropped some frames, after which there was audio desync in both to the tune of 200-300ms (the audio was early). Resetting the Super NT didn't fix this, nor did enabling "Use device timestamps" on Desktop Audio (I have it disabled), and I did not try anything else. My OBS log from the latest incident is attached.

I didn't perceive the problem while playing (audio/video sync was fine the entire time, and the audio comes from "Output desktop audio (WaveOut)". So, it's not a problem with the Super NT or the HDMI cable going from it to the Elgato HD60 Pro, right? Or, if it is, the gameplay monitor and WaveOut handle whatever happened better than the OBS encoder.

Potentially relevant is that I used to play using a Super Nintendo, XRGB-Mini Framemeister, and different HDMI cable, and this problem only occurred once during an entire year with that setup.

A clip of the frame drops and subsequent desync is at http://gce.macroblock.net/~boris/2018-04-21 13-06-58.mkv (starts at 2.536 seconds in).

Help with root-causing or workarounds appreciated.

Attachments

• 2018-04-21 13-06-58.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 4