Question / Help MY OBS CANNOT MAINTAIN 60FPS

thecloser

Hey everyone I just noticed my frames drop considerably below 60 fps all the way down to 30 fps at some points. This obviously doesn't look great, i have messed some with settings based on recommendations on youtube etc but still no solution. I have uploaded a log file hopefully to shed light on the issue. Any help would be very greatly appreciated, thank so much.

• Monitor One: BenQ Zowie 24.5 inch 240Hz
  • Processor: Intel i7-8700K
  • Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3600
  • Mobo: ASUS Motherboard Maximus X Hero
  • GPU:NVIDIA 1060 6GB
  • WINDOWS 10
Log file is attached, if you need any more info let me know, thanks again.

Attachments

• 2018-11-06 01-32-28.txt
    36.9 KB · Views: 28

Osiris

Don't use display capture to capture games, use game capture. Also limit fps in games to prevent them from using all of your GPU power.
Lower resolution on your cam could also help.

thecloser

Did all of that still same resort. Is there a particular reason it is doing this? Here is a log file of me doing so.

Attachments

• 2018-11-06 01-50-08.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 17

thecloser

Here is another i think i did in incorrectly the first time.

Attachments

• 2018-11-06 02-02-19.txt
    46.7 KB · Views: 20

carlmmii

You have an absolutely ridiculous amount of browser source activity in those logs, which is most likely causing the rendering delays.

Go through each one to see if you have a problem source (create a backup scene collection and delete all but one to test it).

thecloser

Sorry for my ignorance I'm not sure exactly what that means or what specifically i would be looking for. Could you explain :) thanks so much for the reply.

carlmmii

• Duplicate your scene collection
  • On the backup scene collection, delete all scenes except for one
  • Attempt a recording, and look at your stats window to get real-time feedback
Repeat this process until you've gone through each scene. If you find a scene that you have problems with, focus on that one in particular to fix. If none of them are having problems by themselves, then you should be able to at least get things working by forcing each browser source to unload when not visible.

thecloser

K i will try this. Now i do notice the most issues when i am in game streaming. When I'm on my desktop or anything else it seems to be fine, don't know if that helps anything but i will attempt what you have suggested as well.

thecloser

So question, could this simply be the fact that my vid card isnt good enough to power the game and 1080p 60 fps stream. I have played with each scene and its only the scenes when the game is on and removing and adding pieces helps and doesnt. I switch back to the non nvidia codec and it seems to handle it much better infact i lose barley any frames due to render lag. This all may simply be resolved ones i start two pc streaming at the end of the month? Or based on the logs could it be more issues? I have attatch three logs from playing with the scenes, maybe you can see something?

Thanks again for all the help i really appreciate it.

the one log file was to large to upload here is the link
https://obsproject.com/logs/ctMcavuZk1BO-13H

Attachments

• 2018-11-08 20-45-14.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2018-11-08 22-29-07.txt
    79.9 KB · Views: 11

Harold

The streamelements obs.live plugin is known to break core components of OBS.
It is recommended to uninstall it.

Harold

Generally it's not unreasonable to expect higher performance than you're getting.
Also, the 416 version nvidia drivers (and all 4xx series) have been problematic when using OBS as well. Try using 398.82

thecloser

Generally it's not unreasonable to expect higher performance than you're getting.
Also, the 416 version nvidia drivers (and all 4xx series) have been problematic when using OBS as well. Try using 398.82

Well it may not be viable to accomplish what im trying to do with my pc which would save me alot of time.

With my hardware should i be able to run 1080p 60fps?

I went normal obs no positive results now im going to try rolling back the driver.

Harold

"Normal obs" as in the 0.659b that is from the version that has been dead for 2 years?
That one isn't going to fix ANY problems.