Question / Help My mic echos while streaming with OBS to Twitch.tv

runji606

When I am streaming to twitch.tv I hear an echo whenever I talk into my mic. I've tried to find solutions to this on the forums and online, but have not found any answers yet.

Before you ask, NO I do NOT have my stream running in the background causing the echo.

Currently, my audio settings are:
Desktop Audio Device = Default (Also tried Speakers/HP)
Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device = Microphone (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated guys.
And once again, I DO NOT have any form of my stream running in the background causing this echo (I know what that is and does). I only hear the echo when I talk into my mic, my in-game sounds DO NOT echo.

Thanks.

Nirrudn

I can think of two possibilities:

Is Windows "listening" to your microphone? Not sure how to check this on other versions of Windows, but on Windows 7 it's this: right click the speaker icon in your system tray (bottom right) and go to "Recording Devices," select your microphone, then click Proprties, and check the Listen tab.

Do you have a webcam? If so, does it have a built in microphone? OBS will use both your webcam mic and whatever you have set as a mic in your audio options. To disable your webcam mic, right click your webcam source in a scene and choose Properties. On the right side of the window that comes up you'll see a section about the webcam's audio. You can just select to disable the microphone from there.

runji606

Thank you for your response.

I checked to see if Windows was listening to my mic and it is not.
I am playing on a laptop, and I have my mic that is built into my laptop turned off.

I should maybe say that I can stream with Xsplit and I do not hear this echo. So I am pretty sure it is something completely related to OBS, maybe??

runji606

I had disabled my built-in mic by right-clicking my speaker icon in my system tray. But when you said webcam, that got me thinking.... I checked my webcam settings in OBS, and it had an Audio option that was selected. I disabled that and it fixed my problem.

Thank you so much for your help :D

Problem Resolved.