Question / Help My Cap Card says HDCP randomly. It never has before

Gfox

My Cap Card randomly says HDCP on screen. I've used it for 18 months and it has never said it before. When I go into the source to see if I can fix it, my PC blue screens with this error AVerPL33_x64.sys and this stop code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. To get it working again I have to remove the source, remove my GPU drivers, reinstall, turn off pc and reboot. It's happened a lot the last week, and the first time it did it it corrupted my OBS profiles and scenes and I had to start all over. Even when using my backup it wouldn't work. I had to do a clean install of OBS.

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2017-06-14 23-01-22.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 271

Boildown

This is almost certainly not an OBS issue, its a problem with your capture device, its drivers, or whatever is generating the video is actually protected with HDCP. Are you using this to stream protected content?

Also you're using the FTL fork, so if it is an OBS problem, it might be something those guys did.

Gfox

However I have just tried on Xsplit and the same HDCP issue. So God knows what i'm going to do or how i'm going to find support :( Thanks for replying to me

Joe33345

I would try uninstalling manually your Avermedia drivers in Device Manager. Then reinstall it using their installer. Plug in whatever console you're trying to get to work. If it's a PS4 make sure you disable HDCP in it's system options first.

Then, while the capture card is on and running and you can see the HDCP message, unplug and replug in your HDMI cable that's in the capture card. Let me know if that fixes anything please :D

Gfox

Hi Joe, I had already tried everything you mentioned, but thank you for offering aid. Sum, I tried changing it to energy saving and it seemed to start working again for now, thanks. My concern is that I have never had to change this before and it would happen mid game whilst streaming. Also it doesn't make sense as to why I got the crash and system restart after this would happen if I checked the cap card source in obs. Thank you all for the help