Question / Help My broadcast is laggy and poor quality for viewers despite high upload speed

Matt1124

I just started streaming to twitch through OBS. I stream on Windows 10 and I am streaming Xbox One via Elgato HD60 Pro. I do not have a graphics card in my PC (I use integrated graphics) but I'm not sure if this matters since I am not gaming on the PC. I have an i7 6700k processor and 16gb RAM. I have an 8 ping, 101mbps download speed and a 109mbps upload speed. I'm not 100% sure but I think when I lowered my bitrate there was slightly less lag, but with my speeds I feel like I should be able to have a high bitrate with no issues. Also, my quality did not look great.

I will post my log for my latest stream. I can also add a twitch link of my latest stream so you can see the quality/lag, just not sure if I'm allowed to post that. When I watched my own stream from the PC or my iPad I saw the lag as well as my other viewers.

Any recommendations to get a cleaner/crisper stream with no lag? Here is the log and please let me know if you need any other information from me.

rockbottom

You have some encoding lag. Change your CPU Usage Preset setting, it's at medium now. I have a 6700k that's overclocked to 4.7Ghz & Very Fast was the best setting for my set-up when I was encoding with x264. If everything looks good with Very Fast, raise it to Faster & test again. Try to keep your CPU load around 60% so you'll have some headroom.

If you want to give your system a real kick in the ass, get a GTX-1650 Super or any GTX-1660 for all your encoding. I kicked my Fury X to the curb a few months ago & installed a 1660 Super. It was the best $250.00 I've ever spent on computer equipment.

Also, it's not a huge deal but if you can, change the refresh rate on your monitor to 60Mhz (60 FPS) so it matches your OBS setting exactly.