Bug Report Multiple Webcams No Longer Working

Hi

Im not a computer guru but I have been using OBS for basic screen capture and webcam recording for about a year now and its all been going fine till today. About three hours ago I tried to set up two webcams. Which I have done many times in the past with no issues. But now I can add one webcam (or the other) fine no problems but when I go to add the second its there to select but no picture comes up. If i add it anyway nothing comes up. I have tried every usb port, I have lowered resolution, ive tried all sorts but nothing is working. Its just all of a sudden happend today. I even reinstalled windows and problem still happening. Can anybody help me. Please be as simple as you can as I said not a tech guru know a little bit but im not advanced with computers. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it. Cheers https://obsproject.com/logs/nY8fbn6_atV-BnyK

I just added a usb extension cable to the lower grade camera and for some reason its now working same as it always has. For how long this will last I don't know but I hope the problem has now resolved itself.

Ruhai Hu

By chance did you have something like skype/discord/(other video chat/video capable program here) running? Log looks like its saying that something else had full lock on the webcams.
Code:
DShow: Run failed, device already in use (0x8007001F): A device attached to the system is not functioning.

That or potentially the privacy / windows 10 setting for webcams turned off?

Are they now plugged into different usb port stacks/ locations on your systems. Could have been an overloaded usb central hub. Or even just a faulty usb external hub if you have one.

I ask all this after giving up on my usb webcams/capture devices because they were causing issues with gta 5 which inturned caused blue screens bsod's on even a band new computer.

Also helps for other people's future troubleshooting if they end up searching.

Yes i did read a lot of threads about overloading hubs. But i was trying them in every combination possible in all 8 of my usb slots on my PC & on my usb device with an extra 10 usb slots in it so ive got 18 usbs slots in total and tried them on all. And yes I unplugged that 10 usb port device too and no difference. My external HDDs and mouse and keyboard and other devices all work fine on all 18 slots so none of them are broken. As i said above not long ago I added a extension cable to my lower grade camera (don't know what difference this should make) and it is now working fine. I took the extension cable off and it stopped working again. Don't know how this extension cable is making any difference from my understanding it shouldn't make any difference at all but it is so just going to keep running it on the extension cable. Just did several recording with both webcams working fine again. This is a total mystery to me but as I said initially not a tech guru, sombody may know whats going on. Thanks for trying to help though.