Question / Help Multiple Scenes Lags Stream

islamsucks

I recently tried adding a second "scene" that I use for intermissions when I stream, it's just a GIF file (via "browser source") and some text and it looks good BUT if I try streaming a movie or other video file on a separate scene it will lag... the actual VLC player does not lag but what I see on the OBS window does. This does not happen when I have the single scene by itself (just removing the GIF on the separate scene takes care of the lag in fact). I do not see why it should cause lag because it shouldn't be active if I'm not using it, or at least that is how I see it. It would be very convenient if I could have as many scenes as I like without them interfering with the stream. And iff anyone knows what I'm talking about and has a work around or some solution that would be great. Thanks.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is fixed in the next version -- which will be uploaded soon hopefully. If the update server doesn't come back up soon, I'm going to probably end up releasing builds of my own.

phatmale

would you like my server to host the download files for the multi platform while things aren't stable on the development server? just an option, not trying to be pushy. would like to mention still like using obs to stream using 1.6.4 for mac.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Build server is back online and 0.8.1 is now released (that's how far back you guys have been waiting). If it did not auto-update, please download 0.8.1 manually and install.