Question / Help Moving Fullscreen projector output

jsandison

Not sure if it is a bug, but when I try to output a scene or program as a Fullscreen projection, it always appears on display 0, and only changes the overall resolution of the output when I select different displays.

How can I get a program/scene monitor out fullscreen to another display without having a windowed projection output?

Narcogen

I think the word "fullscreen" there might be a slight misnomer in the OBS menu.

If I go into studio mode, right click the Program monitor, I can tell OBS to do a "fullscreen projector" of the Program output to any connected monitor. I can then exit Studio mode (to avoid the FPS hit on MacOS in this mode) and the projector stays open. However, that display isn't true fullscreen-- the MacOS menubar still displays, and the resolution remains unchanged. If your display's native resolution is not the same as the program output you're trying to project, you'll probably have to change the mode manually.

jsandison

That's kind of what's happening - it's just the output when I do that won't actually go to the display I select, it appears on display 0 regardless of which display I select