Move

Move 2.11.0

Grumtastic

I love that you can now set zero duration.
I create dummy move filters to call multiple move filters so they happen simultaneously, but I had to set the minimum 10ms - I've changed them all to zero now!

I still think a Move Control filter would be a great addition where you can trigger more than 2 filters concurrently. It would mean fewer filters! lol

See attachment - the PC FS 1 filter downwards call the ones above it to shift various sources around the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-13 171522.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 171522.png
    35 KB · Views: 64

AlphaTube

I just updated from OBS 27 to OBS 29 and lost the transition matrix with the move transitions that I had set up. I did some reading and learned it's no longer compatible so I've removed the plugin and installed the transition table with the move transition. The transition table is showing up in the "tool" tab on OBS, but the move transition is not showing up for me in the transition table or the scene transitions tab. I've tried deleting the plug-in and reinstalling multiple times. It shows up in the log and shows up in the plugin folder but is not showing as a usable function in OBS. I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple, any help would be greatly appreciated!

AlphaTube

I just realized I should probably add the log file @Exeldro

Thank you for the great stuff you've made for us!

Attachments

• 2023-01-14 16-44-19.txt
    192 KB · Views: 39

AlphaTube

Okay, for anyone who goes through this same process of switching from the transition matrix to the transition table....remember to "add" (with the plus sign) the move transition back into the scene transitions list. I no longer need help, I am just a dumbass. Thanks again! lol

aquaaggron

Just thought I'd ask if I could get an explanation on how the audio move filter works? The impression I have is it is meant to match the audio magnitude and such between two different sources, but I am unsure if I am just confused and/or doing it wrong. I'd like to be able to match my audio from my capture card and an "audio input" source I have for the game audio to work without needing the game capture itself on screen, but I am finding it a bit of a pain to find a way of matching the levels of each source so it remains consistent and can adjust between scenes. I'd appreciate any input anyone may be able to offer :)

SkipRat

In OBS 29. move is not showing up in the scene's transition dock. After installing manually and using the exe, the only transitions I am getting is fade and cut and nothing else.

Is this right?

If not, how do I correct this?

Frankiemagic13

In OBS 29. move is not showing up in the scene's transition dock. After installing manually and using the exe, the only transitions I am getting is fade and cut and nothing else.

Is this right?

If not, how do I correct this?
Click the plus icon in the transition dock and move should show up

Valaxor

Is there a way to have two Simultaneous Moves going on? Currently the best I got going is one Simultaneous Move and the other one in Next Move, but it doesn't look quite right if they don't happen at the same time

snowbucks

I noticed something that crashes OBS and I want to ask if there's a way to fix it. So I set up an automatic toggle using the Move Action tool that basically turns off the visibility of my source after 8 seconds of being toggled on. It works just as I intended it, however there has been random occasions where OBS suddenly crashes at the 8 second mark when it's suppose to turn off the visibility. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it crashes OBS.

If this helps, I've been using OBS 28.1.2 64-bit, so I wonder if it has to do with the version of the program...?

smaunsell

I've just downloaded and maybe I'm not understanding how the 'Custom Duration' field in 'Move Source' is supposed to work. As it's immediately under 'Start Delay' and before 'End Delay' I assume that it means that after the after the move has been triggered (by a hotkey in my case) that it the source (webcam) stays in the moved position for the 'Custom Duration' then returns to its original location. It doesn't do that so either my understanding is wrong (I can't find any explanation of the field) or there's a bug.

What is this field supposed to do? If not return the source to the original location how can I get it to return? Do I need another filter with another trigger?

Peter Akakpo

the "move source filter" plugin does not function as expected when a scene item is duplicated by reference. this is because the names of the two item in the scene are the same. so finding scene item with the name always returns the first one encountered irrespective of which of the two is selected, so the effect is always applied on the first one. finding scene item by id (obs_scene_find_sceneitem_by_id()) might solve this issue if and only if every scene item has a unique id

sodroczky

Is there a way to make this plugin work with sources that are inside of folders?
I think I have the same question. By folders you mean groups?

What I want to do is animate an alpha layer between two scenes. I have a group of one video source and a circular cutout png file, and a luma key filter applied to the group so that only a circle of the video is shown. What I want to do is have the png file oversized in one scene so that the circle is greater than the whole canvas, and get shrinked down to cut out a circle of the video but with a smooth transition, just as the Move transition does with sources. But from the moment I change the position or size of the png file between the two scenes the whole transition falls apart in a weird way.

Hope I explained it sufficiently well. I'd really love to do this but I haven't been able to find a solution so far. It would be great if you could designate a source layer as an alpha channel for another layer but I'm afraid OBS cannot do that.

PunkJax

Could I make a suggestion?

Before when I used Move Transition with an audio source, I was able to set an "inbetween" threshold by putting two filters with Enable Over and Disable Under / Enable Under and Disable Over. Essentially this allowed me to switch between 3 sources depending on the volume input. At some point during a recent update this stopped working, and trying older versions of the plugin don't seem to work either.

Instead, would you be able to set up another possible Threshold Action that only displays a source between two input value thresholds, but disables otherwise? It would probably be very useful to those setting up PNG/Toon-Tuber characters for their streams.