Move

Move 2.12.0

ShuyinBlitz

Hello, it still doesn't work on obs 28.1 for me, I reinstalled through .exe and through .zip manually and the transition doesn't shows up.
I'm on windows, please thanks for your kind help :)

NOAverse

Sharing a link of Move Transition version 2.6.1 compiled for MacOS.

Download the plugin and unzip.
Right click on the OBS app - show package contents -> navigate to contents -> plugins. Drag 'move-transition.plugin' into the folder.
Placing the plugin in the usual location does not seem to work.
Read this: https://obsproject.com/kb/obs-studio-28-plugin-compatibility

MofuD

I'm having the same issue as other users where the hotkey for filters causes crash to desktop. Please advise!

Jacklifear

Adding to the note, not showing up for me. While I didn't have it installed previous to v28. There was a time a few months ago I just wasn't using it so I removed the files manually by a clean new install of 27. I've installed it successfully before and it was working just fine. It won't work since I've tried installing in v28. I'm not saying it's incompatible as there are cases above of it working just fine. But it definitely seems to have an issue with a subset of users who try to install it.

If there is a case where I'm doing something wrong, I'll be happy to figure out why. But I'm doing what I've done in the past and getting different (or rather no?) results. So I'm just trying to add context to avoid this "But it's flagged compatible" kneejerk response.

TEST 1:
- My original OBS 28.0.1 in standard mode (No move transition installed yet)
- Move Transition installed with zip download and dropping it into locations manually
- Verified VS Redist 2019 is up to date and accurate (It was)
RESULTS:
- No move transition in Scene Transition dock + icon
- No relevant filters visible
- No crashing, however.

TEST 2:
- New OBS 28.0.1 install from scratch in portable mode
- Move Transition installed with zip download and dropping it in relevant location
- VS Redist still verified from above
RESULTS:
- No change from above

TEST 3:
- Fresh OBS 28.0.1 install from scratch in portable mode
- Move transition installed with windows installer
RESULTS:
- No change from above

Last edited:

Jacklifear

Adding to the note, not showing up for me. While I didn't have it installed previous to v28. There was a time a few months ago I just wasn't using it so I removed the files manually by a clean new install of 27. I've installed it successfully before and it was working just fine. It won't work since I've tried installing in v28. I'm not saying it's incompatible as there are cases above of it working just fine. But it definitely seems to have an issue with a subset of users who try to install it.

If there is a case where I'm doing something wrong, I'll be happy to figure out why. But I'm doing what I've done in the past and getting different (or rather no?) results. So I'm just trying to add context to avoid this "But it's flagged compatible" kneejerk response.

TEST 1:
- My original OBS 28.0.1 in standard mode (No move transition installed yet)
- Move Transition installed with zip download and dropping it into locations manually
- Verified VS Redist 2019 is up to date and accurate (It was)
RESULTS:
- No move transition in Scene Transition dock + icon
- No relevant filters visible
- No crashing, however.

TEST 2:
- New OBS 28.0.1 install from scratch in portable mode
- Move Transition installed with zip download and dropping it in relevant location
- VS Redist still verified from above
RESULTS:
- No change from above

TEST 3:
- Fresh OBS 28.0.1 install from scratch in portable mode
- Move transition installed with windows installer
RESULTS:
- No change from above
Small update. Rebooted with a windows update afterwards (Was in a productive mood with all of this testing) and it's showing up now. I don't have a reason to explain why this worked or if the update was the resolutions (I've rebooted before as a test) No logical reason why this worked, but something in that worked.

drewlinskii

Not sure if this is an OBS issue or if it can be implemented into the Move Transition plugin, but I think an awesome feature would be to auto-detect any 'base canvas' resolution changes.

For example, I've recently been messing with setting up a 1440p base from the usual 1080p, and of course, all the sources will be left as they were on a 1080p canvas, and any Move Transition filters I have on auto-detect a canvas change, and automatically adjust to the new canvas.

Would be a great QoL feature as it's very tedious to have to go through all the filters and re-adjust them.

mickyayger

Hello Exeldro! I have been having issues with a streaming software I use lagging up, and I figured it is happening because of the Move Transition. I noticed that when I use the move transition, in my OBS log a new line appears called "Number of memory leaks: x". The more I use the move transition, the more memory leaks there are.

I use a streaming software called SAMMI. Whenever I use the move transition, each move/transition adds about 2 mb of memory to my SAMMI process, eventually freezing the program if it adds up too much. Just wondering if you would know anything about this and a possible fix!

pikuselu

Hello! Is there any way to download an older version of the plugin? I'm specifically avoiding updating my OBS to v28 and the most recent version of the plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with 27.2.4
Any help would be appreciated!

I agree with Pikuselu!
((Due to StreamFX stable release not working with OBS28, and StreamFX alpha causing the app to mess up,)) I'm ALSO rolling back to OBS 27.2.4.
When I install Move Transition, it doesn't show up as an option to add under Scene Transitions in OBS 27.2.4.
And when I looked in your github, the download link for older versions of Move Transition just link back to this page which only provides 2.6.2.
Could we figure out a way to make Move Transition work with OBS 27.2.4? Either a hotfix for the latest release, or maybe the older version would still do the trick?

Filip S

I am still forced to stay behind using OBS 27.2.4 because of the NDI need (the camera uses) - I have even down graded windows 11 to windows10 because the NDI was not working stable on windows11. but it looks like the newer downstream-keyer have some problems with installation using windows OBS 27.2.4 (0.2.3 is working OK) but maybe it the same problem with older move-transsion maybe more compatible with 27.2.4 compared ith the new obs 28.

So where can I find older versions of the move trassions plugin for my OBS 27.2.4 windows ?

Could we figure out a way to make Move Transition work with OBS 27.2.4? Either a hotfix for the latest release, or maybe the older version would still do the trick?
Oh good news! I found the installer for move transition 2.6.1 in my recycle bin, and was able to get it back out. And I can confirm that it does work with OBS 27.2.4
If Exeldro doesn't get back to you (Filip and Pikuselu) about putting that version up for download, you could get in touch with me for the file. I assume this forum has DMs?

Filip S

Oh good news! I found the installer for move transition 2.6.1 in my recycle bin, and was able to get it back out. And I can confirm that it does work with OBS 27.2.4
If Exeldro doesn't get back to you (Filip and Pikuselu) about putting that version up for download, you could get in touch with me for the file. I assume this forum has DMs?

I may have found a link in the history on the site - so it looks like older versions are online ;) using https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/history thats nice so it may not be needed.
But it would be nice if the plugins was backward compatible sometimes - I only stay on the old 27 obs until a NDI is available ;)

Tonyturbo78

I'm having some issues here, watched several videos and guides on how to do this, but a simple move transition isn't working for my Webcam scene. I want to move it to various corners on my stream at the press of a key on my streamdeck. When I highlight my webcam source, add the "move source" filter, and then go to press "get transform" to assign a new position, the coordinates do not change. Also, for some reason the eye remains greyed out like something isnt quite right.

I have the webcam grouped, its the webcam and a border around the webcam. Can anyone help please, it's absolutely driving me nuts, can feel my blood starting to boil here.

oneRaijin

Hi, is there a way to download ver. 2.6.1? Im still on OBS 27.2.4 and when I download the current version, I don't seem to see the "move" stuff under filters and I'm just assuming it's because the Move Plugin I downloaded was meant for OBS 28? Im also assuming that ver. 2.6.1 is completely compatible w/ OBS 27.2.4
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dapperstache

I've had an issue since the new version of OBS with matched sources becoming transparent when using the fade transition, despite matching sources of the same name being present in both scenes. The background should fade in and out, but everything else (my cam, my "set", etc) should remain opaque.

Last edited: