Move

Move 2.11.0

mattbatt

Hi. I love this plug-in! I’m so addicted to use it for better looks. However, I have a issue with the plug-in...

I’m using it on Mac OBS 25.0.8. When I use move source filter, my Stream Deck software will get almost 100% cpu usage for a little moment, even I didn’t use Stream Deck for that moment. Move transition had no issue as I can see.

Is there anyway to make it not to happen this?
This is a theory not a statement of fact.
I suspect it's because video compression relies on some things on the screen staying static, the more you have moving the harder it is for the video compression to do it's job. For example I use the scroll function on a long bible passage and although it's only text the CPU utilization jumps up significantly on that part of my show.
Video files and cameras coming into OBS are already compressed but things moving IN obs are like vector graphics being rendered and compressed in real time.
Here is a video where I show Process explorer overlaid on the scenes. Notice the spike when I start recording, then when I transition to the text scrolling scene, I go back then I start streaming and do it again. https://youtu.be/ODp8ySIPTUI Just to be clear I am not using "move transition" to do the text scrolling that is just the simple scroll filter on a text source. This is just a little Latitude e7240 ultrabook that's why OBS is so intense.

youjiman

This is a theory not a statement of fact.
I suspect it's because video compression relies on some things on the screen staying static, the more you have moving the harder it is for the video compression to do it's job. For example I use the scroll function on a long bible passage and although it's only text the CPU utilization jumps up significantly on that part of my show.
Video files and cameras coming into OBS are already compressed but things moving IN obs are like vector graphics being rendered and compressed in real time.
Here is a video where I show Process explorer overlaid on the scenes. Notice the spike when I start recording, then when I transition to the text scrolling scene, I go back then I start streaming and do it again. https://youtu.be/ODp8ySIPTUI Just to be clear I am not using "move transition" to do the text scrolling that is just the simple scroll filter on a text source. This is just a little Latitude e7240 ultrabook that's why OBS is so intense.

Wow, I’m appreciated for the imformation! Indeed, I was using this plug-in for text sauces mainly. Make it long story short, if I don’t use it for text or other some sources then it is fine. It is much better than I need to give up to use Stream Deck or this plug-in at all. Thank you!

YozhicVeda

you are a genius man! ") thanks for the move value !:) with its help, I could easily make music fade over time ") link source value filter with the scene filter so that everything works with one hotkey from one filter to another its great !:)

Last edited:
This plugin, once installed, prevented OBS versions older than 25 from booting up. I endured long horrible hour of OBS crashing until I identify this plugin as a problem and uninstall it. No, other plugins such as Media Controls also for OBS v.25 and up does not crush OBS itself. I'd love to use this if made for v.24 but if not, at least please fix that bug.
I replicated the incident with both OBS 24 and 23. I use macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. OBS v.25 crashes instantly by resizing the app window regardless of this plugin; That's why I have to stick to v.24.

t2wave

One thing I have trouble with is when I duplicate a scene with the move filters, all the position information on the scene filters for a source gets set to the current position of that source. Makes creating specific scenes for things a pain.

laxmaniac050

I need help.

I am running Linux Ubuntu and have been trying to install this plugin but can't get it to work. Can anyone give me some guidance and what I need to do to install the plugin or tell me where I can find a guide?

Chrixxxx

I'm starting to use this awesome plugin and I'm trying to understand how it works.

There's a way to start a particular MOVE SOURCE (or MOVE VALUE) filter you added after a scene is loaded without doing nothing ?

Trying to explain: I have a text.. and I want to move it from a place to another immediately after the scene where it is placed becomes active.
I can't find a reliable and simple way to do this (without hotkeys or changing the status of the filter with eye icon)

When applied to a scene (not to a source) there are two options in addition.. but I don't understand their purpose: "Order Difference / Position" and the field "Change order".

Can you explain their function ?

I think that having a "triggered on scene activation" option to start a particular MOVE or MOVE VALUE stuff would be immensely useful.. at least for the things I have in mind to do with the plugin.

Exeldro

@Chrixxxx you can set the start trigger op option to "Activate" to start the move when the scene becomes active.
Change order you can use to make a source show on the background, foreground layer or anything in between. Just set Change order to no if you don"t want to use that.

levindeed

Can you please add the ability to move scenes instead of sources? My camera is set to be a scene that I insert into other scenes, which makes a lot of things easier when switching between them. But when I try to move it within a scene, it moves only the camera source instead of the whole nested scene, which results in basically the camera just leaving its place and going somewhere out of visibility.

levindeed

@Exeldro I thought so too, but when I apply "Move Source" to the scene it still demands to pick a source inside that scene to work with. It doesn't see the nested scene as a source, only as a collection of sources.

Exeldro

@levindeed I see nested scenes as a source:
1597254488780.png

wolfi.anor

@Exeldro first, thank you for this awesome plugin. I'm currently playing around with it and it's a lot of fun.

During my playing around, I think a found a potential bug: "End Absolute" doesn't work. The setting gets ignored, and within a chain, the chain stops. If I change it to "Start Absolute", this is working, but the effect (set the position after the move) isn't there, of course.

And I have 3 questions:

1.) is it possible that you have a chain with Hotkey, where the first part contains 2 filters, and on the press of the Hotkey, on follow filter running thru? (if so, how, because the closest I get was with a 3 Hotkey press for each filter with move next, instead of 2 Hotkey press (first Hotkey with Filter 1 and 2, and then Hotkey for filter 3)

2.) are there plans for conditions, like: execute the filter only when the source is on position x, for example? (if, elseif, else)

3.) are there plans to only modify specific attributes for transform of a source (eg: Bonding Box Size and the crop), but leave position and the size of as is (like: they can be dynamic)?

xMLGSlayer

hey there, sorry if this has been repeated but I'm facing a problem where I can't see the 'Move' transition (in the dropdown menu, and also the +)
Im not sure if my files are in the correct places but I followed what I was told.

Screenshot_25.png

I had extracted the zip file into here and 'replaced' the files
May I know what's wrong and what else I need to provide?