Move

Move 2.11.0

bravonoj

I installed this on a mac and now I can not open OBS. Can anyone help me roll it back? How do I uninstall it? 24.0.6

mwe76

I am still new to OBS but can learn quickly. I am having trouble installing the plugin. I unzip the download into the folder as I've read (C:\Program Files\obs-studio\; however, when I open OBS Studio (64bit). The "Move" selection does not appear when I go to select it.

Is there a more specific location the plugin needs to be installed in? Like the obs-plugins folder?

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple.

For reference I'm running OBS Studio 64 bit on Windows 10 Pro on an ASUS ROG-GL553VE Laptop with 32GB RAM.

Exeldro

@mwe76 check if the following file exists after the unzipping:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\move-transition.dll
if it does exists, chek if it shows op in the log file of OBS (Help -> Log Files -> View Current Log)
Next check the + Icon in your Scene Transitions dock.

mwe76

@Exeldro I found my issue with the install. It is purely on me. lol
I was not paying attention to the fact I was downloading the source material from Github, all the while, not even seeing the download button on the other page that contains the actual install files. *sigh*

Yes, it's a Monday.
Yes, I'm laughing at myself.

f2bacon

it seems like this might not be working on obs 25? motion effect no longer works either so i dont think move transition is the problem, but the update that caused the problem

Exeldro

@f2bacon Move transition runs without problems for me on OBS version 25. For Mac try version 1.1.4 of this plugin.
What is the exactly problem you are having? Is the Move transition an option in the transitions? Is the transition displaying black screen?

Michael.C

I have this slightly unexpected behavior where the the sources oversize and overlap each other. I've recorded a slow transition to make it more obvious what is happening here https://youtu.be/EtOGMcrDMy0 . You'll see when the small PiP grows, it overgrows and shrinks back at the end of the transition. I think the other oddities seen here are complicated by sources in groups, and different crop settings, but I haven't tested enough to be sure.

Exeldro

@Michael.C It looks like you choose a easing option for matching items that overshoots.
And on the left the 2 matching items have seem to have a different crop.

cvhvisuals

Followed the install instructions on PC. Running v25.0.8. Transition shows in the log but does not show in transitions when attempting to add.
Any ideas?
Edit: Figure it out. I was attempting to add as a quick transition at first. Works! Thanks dude for the plugin, much appreciated. Good work!

Last edited:

Michael.C

@Michael.C It looks like you choose a easing option for matching items that overshoots.
And on the left the 2 matching items have seem to have a different crop.

I meant to say, I set it to No Easing, and it was doing this. Just went to get a screeshot of this, and managed to freeze OBS - that doesn't happen?

toplachi

I also experience OBS freezing during streaming after updating move transition from v0.1.0 to 1.2.3 .... I revert back to v0.1.0 to see if it was the plug-in that could be causing it, all worked good aside from the crop/motion bug. I test versions 1.2.0 & 1.1.4 and experienced freezing again. I installed v1.0.0 and now on 1.0.2 and now running without the freezing. I think I need to try 1.0.5. Looks like it was the fix for the video still playing even it is already in preview or not active while on studio mode.

I am running on an windows server 2008 r2 OS
i7 Processer
16gb RAM
Intel HD graphics built in from the motherboard

goose3000

I installed this on a mac and now I can not open OBS. Can anyone help me roll it back? How do I uninstall it? 24.0.6
It sucks no-one here answered this. It clearly breaks OBS 24 and lower on Mac using that pkg install.

You have to upgrade to the latest OBS 25 for this to work. After you install and replace in your applications you'll see the move transition. Leave the settings on default and change the ms to around 500. ;)

Last edited:

toplachi

It sucks no-one here answered this. It clearly breaks OBS 24 and lower on Mac using that pkg install.

You have to upgrade to the latest OBS 25 for this to work. After you install and replace in your applications you'll see the move transition. Leave the settings on default and change the ms to around 500. ;)
The minimum OBS Studio version for this is 25.0.0 https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/
To uninstall it from mac, you have to delete the "move-transition" folder from HDD\Library\Application Support\ob-studio\plugins\

I cannot make the later versions to work on mac and stayed on v1.1.4... Maybe I will try those settings too.
Im glad that the author has also made this available for mac eventhough he doesnt have a machine to test this on